”Slumdog Millionaire” kids visit ShirdiMarch 23rd, 2009 - 1:33 pm ICT by ANI
Shirdi (Maharashtra), Mar 23 (ANI): Child actors of the Oscar-wining movie ”Slumdog Millionaire” paid a visit to the Shirdi Sai Baba Temple in Maharashtra.
Rubina Ali, who essayed the role of a young Latika in the film, said she cherished her visit to the shrine.
“I really felt good after coming to Shridi and getting the blessings of Sai Baba which I really cherished,” said Rubina.
Azharuddin Ismail, who played the role of a young Salim in the film, said that never in his wildest dreams did he imagine he would be an actor some day.
“I did not even think that I will ever work in the film, but then I eventually worked in the film. It not only did well but eventually went on to win an Oscar,” said Ismail.
“Slumdog Millionaire”, a rags-to-riches story of a Mumbai slum dweller who goes on to win 20 million dollars in a quiz show, was adjudged the best film.
It also fetched Danny Boyle the Best Director award, Simon Beaufoy best Adapted Screenplay and Anthony Dod Mantle the best Cinematography award. The film was also awarded for Best Editing.
“Slumdog Millionaire”, based on Indian diplomat Vikas Swarup’’s novel “Q & A”, came to the 81st Academy Awards ceremony with 10 nominations and failed to win only in the Sound Editing category. (ANI)
- Slum children in Kolkata inspired after watching ''Slumdog Millionaire'' - Mar 09, 2009
- All gone in fire, grieves 'Slumdog' star Rubina Ali - Mar 05, 2011
- Slumdog star Rubina Ali set to move from shantytown - Jan 14, 2010
- "Slumdog" en route to Oscars night-wins eight awards - Feb 23, 2009
- No action against Ismail Darbar: Oscar panel - Jun 10, 2011
- Bandra's 'Millionaire' star remains at neighbour's mercy - Mar 07, 2011
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' gets best adapted screenplay Oscar - Feb 23, 2009
- Darbar's charge 'unprecedented and preposterous': Oscar panel - Jun 11, 2011
- Rahman creates history as 'Slumdog' turns top dog at Oscars (Lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- Slumdog Millionaire's child star's family home destroyed in huge fire - Mar 05, 2011
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child actress Rubina Ali loses home in a fire - Mar 08, 2011
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- From slums to queen of suburbs, Rubina Ali goes places (With Image) - Oct 16, 2011
- How Slumdog Millionaire's success changed lives of film's child stars - Dec 26, 2009
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: 20 million dollars, academy awards ceremony, azharuddin, best adapted screenplay, best cinematography, best editing, child actors, cinematography award, danny boyle, director award, indian diplomat, latika, mumbai slum, quiz show, rags to riches, rags to riches story, rubina, shirdi sai baba temple, simon beaufoy, wildest dreams