Slain Hizbul commander behind 30 civilians’ killings: ArmyOctober 14th, 2011 - 12:30 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Oct 13 (IANS) The army Thursday described the killing of the Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) commander, Mushtaq Khan, as a major success, saying he was responsible for 30 civilian killings.
“Mushtaq Khan alias Mushtaq Killer was responsible for 30-odd civilian killings and was active in Ganderbal district for more than ten years,” Maj. Gen. Gurdeep Singh, General Officer Commanding (GOC) Victor Force, told a media conference in north Kashmir’s Ganderbal district.
“He controlled the militant activities in the district. Six to eight militants, both foreigners and locals, are still active in Ganderbal district and Mushtaq controlled them.”
Khan and a militnat were killed in a gunfight between the guerrillas and the security forces in Gotlibagh forests of Ganderbal Wednesday. A third guerrilla, Muzaffar, was arrested.
Two AK-47 rifles, two magazines and a Chinese grenade were recovered from the slain guerrillas.
The operation against the guerrilla commander was carried out jointly by 5 Rashtriya Rifles and the Jammu and Kashmir Police after a specific tip-off about the presence of the guerrillas in the Gotlibagh forests, 30 km from Srinagar.
- Two separatist guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Oct 12, 2011
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir - Jul 10, 2012
- Gunfight in Kashmir - Sep 01, 2012
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 27, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir gunfight - Dec 10, 2010
- One guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Sep 02, 2012
- Militant, two security men killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Apr 03, 2011
- Militant, cop killed in south Kashmir gunfight - Mar 19, 2011
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir - May 05, 2012
- Guerrillas open fire in cop's home in Kashmir - Jul 19, 2011
- Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 16, 2011
- Hizbul guerrilla killed in Kashmir gunfight - Nov 17, 2011
- Guerrilla killed, soldier wounded in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Three militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 14, 2010
Tags: ak 47, alias, civilian killings, civilians, district six, foreigners, forests, goc, grenade, guerrilla commander, guerrillas, gunfight, gurdeep singh, hizbul mujahideen, jammu, kashmir, north kashmir, rashtriya rifles, security forces, srinagar