Skipper Pietersen wants his team mates to play on gut instinctAugust 5th, 2008 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
London , Aug 5 (ANI): After being confirmed as England s new Test and one-day captain, Kevin Pietersen has appealed to his team mates to play by gut instinct like him.
The way I play is by gut instinct. I like to do things spontaneously. I want the team to play similarly to the way I play my game, although you have to be accountable for the things you do and be responsible for the decisions you make, The Telegraph quoted Pietersen as saying.
He also claimed that now he was having cordial relationship with England coach Peter Moores, after doubts were raised on whether they could work together. The two men held a meeting at Loughborough on Sunday, where they thrashed out their differences, reported the paper.
After the meeting, Moores was quoted as saying: I dont think I would be sitting here today if I wasnt 100 per cent confident that everything is going to be perfectly fine. Peter likes to challenge players, but the crux of the meeting was to determine and decipher where Peter and myself can take this England team.
Meanwhile, England s national selector Geoff Miller said that he had been keen for one man to lead England in all forms of the game after a year when the captaincy was split between Vaughan and Paul Collingwood.
Kevin will take it his own way and he has his own ideas on captaincy. Were looking for a fresh approach and he will take us forward in an exciting manner. We did discuss whether it would affect his batting but it was a very short discussion. We will wait and see but I dont foresee any difficulties with that, said Miller. (ANI)
- Pietersen wants his team to play by gut instinct - Aug 05, 2008
- Moores sacking came at the right time: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- Anderson defends ex-England coach Moores after Pietersen's criticism - Jan 01, 2011
- Pietersen will be England's X-factor, feel Vaughan and Warne - Jul 16, 2011
- Collingwood, Prior dropped from England squad - Jun 21, 2011
- Vaughan wants Bell to bat at No.5 position - Dec 19, 2010
- Collingwood likely to become England's Twenty20 captain - Apr 26, 2009
- Pietersen must prove his hunger to play for England: Vaughan - Apr 16, 2011
- My quitting as skipper laid England's Ashes win foundation: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- Morgan in England's Test side, to miss IPL play-offs - May 22, 2011
- Collingwood-led team can end 35 years of hurt: Vaughan - Apr 30, 2010
- Vaughan: Cocky England took foot off the gas at Perth - Dec 20, 2010
- I wouldn't have been able to sit home as captain, says Vaughan - Mar 26, 2010
- Players, officials pay tributes to Dilley - Oct 06, 2011
- England squad unchanged for third Test against Pakistan - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: coach peter, collingwood, cordial relationship, crux, decisions, doubts, england coach, england team, game, geoff miller, gut instinct, kevin pietersen, london, loughborough, moores, new test, skipper, team mates, telegraph, two men