Sketches of three terror suspects releasedNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
According to Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) K L Prasad, the three suspects had used a taxi for travelling the city on October 22 and 23.
Based on the taxi driver’s description of the suspects, the sketches were made, said Prasad.
Prasad called upon the people to come forward with any information about the three, as they could potentially be linked to some terror groups.
People can give information by dialing 100 and 103, he added.
Police had been searching for the trio for the last two days, said Prasad, adding that they could be “fidayeen” (suicide squad members).
The Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) officers reportedly leaked the information to a section of media yesterday.
Prasad said that adequate security has been provided to the taxi driver.
He further said that security at sensitive spots is in place since the beginning of the festival season starting from Ganeshotsav in September. (ANI)
- Mumbai police on high alert after Delhi shooting - Sep 19, 2010
- Mumbai soaks in festive spirit of Ganeshotsav, Eid - Sep 11, 2010
- Pune devotees' find answer to noise pollution curbs - Sep 04, 2012
- Jundal's questioning extended till Sep 10 - Sep 03, 2012
- Mass grave of 40 found in Iraq - Sep 10, 2011
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Mumbai blasts: Suspect's sketch being prepared - Jul 16, 2011
- Another rioter arrested for damaging Mumbai memorial - Aug 30, 2012
- Slain Pak minister's security squad taken into police custody - Mar 03, 2011
- Police unable to get hold of slain Pak minister's cell phone, driver - Mar 06, 2011
- Third suspect held for Ajmer Dargah bombing (Lead) - May 02, 2010
- Despite terror threats, Mumbai gets into festive mood - Sep 11, 2010
- Mumbai offers insurance to Ganeshotsav revelers - Aug 08, 2012
- CBI to quiz Ajmer blast accused on Mecca Masjid attack - Jun 11, 2010
- One week on, Mumbai attackers unknown - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: adequate security, commissioner of police, haji ali, mahalaxmi temple, police law, prasad, sensitive locations, sensitive spots, sketches, squad members, suicide squad, taxi driver, terror groups, terror squad, terror suspects