Six swine flu cases show complete recovery in PunjabJune 21st, 2009 - 10:44 pm ICT by ANI
Jalandhar, June 21(ANI): Six students, who had tested positive for the H1N1 virus, have been discharged from hospital here in Jalandhar on Sunday, after they showed complete recovery from the vicious disease.
On June 16, nine students, who had returned from United States, were quarantined in Jalandhar following suspected swine flu symptoms. Later, seven of the nine were confirmed positive for the swine flu.
“Initially I thought that it’s going to be a serious infection but not now it is cured and I don’t feel that it’s such a big disease which cannot be cured. There is nothing to be afraid of,” said Guriqbal Singh, one of the students discharged from the hospital.]”We are feeling very happy and are grateful to the team of doctors here as they have cured all the children. We are so happy that we can’t express it in words,” said Maninder Singh, father of Guriqbal Singh.
The number of swine flu cases in India has touched 56, out of whom 21 have been discharged. (ANI)
- 35 swine flu cases in India as virus spreads (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2009
- Seven Punjab students with swine flu under constant observation - Jun 16, 2009
- Couple in Punjab tests positive for swine flu - Jul 07, 2009
- One more student with swine flu symptoms in Punjab - Jun 17, 2009
- Swine flu under control: Ghulam Nabi Azad - Jun 15, 2009
- Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana prepare to battle swine flu - Aug 06, 2009
- Three test positive for swine flu; total reaches 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- Two swine flu patients discharged from Punjab hospital - Jun 22, 2009
- Swine Flu cases in Maharastra, Andhra Pradesh - Aug 05, 2010
- Swine flu toll rises to 31 - Jun 16, 2009
- Seven Punjab students test negative for swine flu - Jun 17, 2009
- Five more students with swine flu symptoms in Punjab - Jun 16, 2009
- One more dies of H1N1 in Orissa, toll rises to three - Aug 04, 2010
- One more swine flu case in India, total 17 (Lead) - Jun 13, 2009
- Chandigarh man dies of swine flu - Aug 28, 2010