Six lakh unemployed youth registered in Kashmir: GovernmentMarch 8th, 2012 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 8 (IANS) There are about six lakh unemployed youth registered in Jammu and Kashmir, the state assembly was told Thursday.
About 6 lakh educated unemployed youth of the state have been registered with district Employment and Counselling Centres (E&CC;) up to December 2011, said Labour and Employment Minister Abdul Gani Malik in reply to a question.
Out of these, 40,559 are professionals and 3,695 are other skilled youth, he said, adding that the Sher-e-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for the Youth (SKEWPY) has been launched in the state to tackle the problem of unemployment in a systematic and coordinated manner.
Terming it a dynamic programme capable of improvement on the basis of experience under the guidance of the Employment Facilitating Agency, Malik said there was no need to have a new policy for the present.
Launched by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in December 2009, SKEWPY has provision of stipends to registered unemployed youth depending on their education, to enable them go in for self-employment ventures besides government jobs.
- Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneurs - Feb 01, 2012
- Kashmir to make employment policy pro youth - Mar 22, 2010
- 'Multi-faceted strategy to address unemployment in Kashmir' - Mar 31, 2012
- Driving training for Jammu and Kashmir youths - Aug 01, 2012
- Opposition stages walkout in Jammu and Kashmir assembly - Mar 22, 2010
- Zero-deficit Kashmir budget promises jobs - Mar 07, 2011
- Scheme for unemployed Kashmiri youth - Aug 22, 2011
- Rs.150 crore for industrial development in Kashmir - Mar 16, 2012
- Chandy announces welfare measures on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- New schemes in the offing for livelihood security (Factfile) - Mar 12, 2012
- Government okays Rs.1,000 crore job plan for Kashmir - Jul 07, 2011
- New job plan for Kashmir to train 40,000 youth (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Employment plan rolled out for job-starved Kashmiri youth (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir won't tolerate human rights abuse: Governor - Feb 22, 2010
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: chief minister, counselling, district employment, education, employment minister, government jobs, guidance, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, labour, malik, provision, reply, self employment, sher, state assembly, stipends, unemployed youth, unemployment, welfare