Six killed in Kashmir bus accidentJune 10th, 2009 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 10 (IANS) Six passengers, including four women, were killed and 29 were injured when the bus they were travelling in rolled down into a river near south Kashmir’s Pahalgam tourist resort Wednesday, police said.
The bus was travelling from Anantnag town to Pahalgam when the driver lost control after a tyre burst at Yaner village, 16 km from the hill resort
“Six passengers died on the spot” after the bus rolled down into the Lidder river, a police officer told IANS.
“The bodies have been recovered from the river,” said the police officer, who was supervising the rescue operations. The injured were taken to a hospital.
All the dead and injured people were locals.
- 10 killed, 42 wounded in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 30, 2011
- 10 killed as bus falls into stream in Indian-administered Kashmir - Jul 31, 2011
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 23 injured in Kashmir bus accident - Jan 10, 2012
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- Twenty injured in Kashmir road accident - Feb 27, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Fire in Srinagar hotel, nobody hurt - Jun 11, 2012
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- 11 killed, 25 injured in Kashmir road accident - Nov 05, 2011
- Chidambaram chairs security meeting in Srinagar (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jun 21, 2011
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- Two killed, 37 injured in Kashmir road accident - May 16, 2012