Six killed in Doda mishap, 29 injuredOctober 30th, 2008 - 9:55 pm ICT by ANI
By Tahir Nadeem Khan
Jammu, Oct 30 (ANI): At least six persons were killed and 29 others injured today in a tragic road accident in Doda District of Jammu and Kashmir.
The accident occurred about six kilometers from Doda town when a passenger bus plunged down a 250 foot deep ravine on the bank of river Chenab on its way to Doda.
The overcrowded private bus had left Kishtawar for Doda at around 2 p.m.and veered off the highway while approaching Doda.
Six persons were reportedly killed on the spot, while 29 others were injured, 10 of them critically.
The injured have been shifted to Jammu and Chandigarh for treatment.
Local residents and the Doda police rushed to the spot soon after the accident to rescue the victims. So far six bodies have been removed, including a one-year-old child.
Eyewitnesses said that the driver of the bus had been over-speeding and lost control when front tyre of the mini bus busted, due to which the vehicle shot off the road and plunged down a deep ravine. (ANI)
- 11 dead in China bus accident - Jan 29, 2011
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- Six dead, 30 hurt in Pakistan accident - Apr 13, 2012
- 5 die as bus falls into george in Jammu - Sep 07, 2012
- 42 killed, 24 injured in central Morocco bus accident - Sep 05, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 20 killed in Kashmir accident (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- 42 die in Morocco accident - Sep 04, 2012
- 15 Indians killed as jeep falls into Nepal river (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 30 die in Ecuador bus accident - Dec 25, 2010
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 5 killed in China bus accident - Jun 30, 2012
- 15 killed in Pakistan bus accident - Feb 20, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012