Six children die of food poisoning in RanchiNovember 14th, 2008 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Ranchi/Bareli, Nov 14 (ANI): At least six children have died and over hundred have taken ill of suspected food poisoning in Ranchi.
Students of the Jharkhand Tribal Residential School in Baridih, which is about 35 kilometers from Ranchi, fell ill after consuming milk.
“We took milk and flaked rice. After some time we fell unconscious. People took us to the hospital,” said Vishnu Bhagat, a student.
The students were taken to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) for treatment.
The condition of at least 30 children was said to be critical.
Chief Minister Shibu Soren who visited the hospital, announced a compensation of 100,000 rupees for the dead and also promised to meet the medical expenses of those admitted to hospital. (ANI)