SIT chief says Godhra report will be submitted within deadlineJanuary 21st, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Jan.21 (ANI): Special Investigation Team SIT) Chairman R.Raghavan on Wednesday said that report on the nine post-Godhra riot cases would be submitted to the Supreme Court before the February 15 deadline.
The SIT was constituted by the Supreme Court in March 2008, for reinvestigation of the Godhra train burning case and some post-Godhra riot cases of 2002.
The role of several prominent BJP and VHP leaders named by witnesses including the state Minister for Women and Child Development Maya Kodnani of the BJP and former VHP leader Jaydeep Patel is being re-investigated.
The SIT has already filed a 300-page supplementary charge sheet against 24 people in the Naroda Gam case, where 11 people belonging to the minority community were killed by a mob during the riots.
The five-member SIT,is headed by R Raghavan, and includes ex-DG of Uttar Pradesh C D Satpathy, three IPS officers from Gujarat — Geetha Johri, Shivanad Jha and Ashish Bhatia. (ANI)
- Supreme Court orders SIT to probe role of Modi, 63 others in post-Godhra riot cases - Apr 27, 2009
- Supreme Court orders retrial of Gujarat riots by fast track courts - May 01, 2009
- SC to decide on speedy trial of Gujarat riots cases - May 01, 2009
- Godhra cases report to be submitted by 15th Feb - Jan 21, 2009
- Gujarat minister accused in 2002 riots seeks anticipatory bail - Feb 03, 2009
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- Gujarat minister accused in Naroda Gam riots gets bail (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Gujarat HC judge declines to hear plea against bail for Godhra accused - Feb 19, 2009
- SIT files charge sheets against Kodnani, Patel (Lead) - May 01, 2009
- BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killings - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Godhra riots: Gujarat HC issues notice to Maya Kodnani - Feb 24, 2009
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- Maya Kodnani sent to judicial custody - Apr 09, 2009
Tags: ashish, bhatia, bjp, child development, dg, geetha, gujarat, investigation team, ips officers, jan 21, jha, minority community, mob, raghavan, riot, riots, state minister, supplementary charge, uttar pradesh, vhp