Sir Michael Caine bags award for five decades of famous film rolesNovember 17th, 2008 - 5:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 17 (ANI): English actor Michael Caine was honoured at the Variety Clubs 56th annual Showbusiness awards on November 16 for his five decades of famous film roles.
Caine, 75, who has starred in classic movies like Alfie, Get Carter and The Italian Job, was awarded the Outstanding Contribution prize, the Daily Express reported.
Besides the veteran actor, English television presenter Noel Edmonds, the cast of musical Hairspray, Kenneth Branagh and James McAvoy were awarded.
Scottish actor McAvoy, 29, was honoured with the Film Award for his performances in titles such as Atonement, The Last King of Scotland and Wanted.
Branagh, 47, won the Stage Performance gong for the title role in Chekhovs tragicomedy Ivanov at the Wyndhams Theatre.
Hollywood star Al Pacino scooped the International Award at the ceremony in London. (ANI)
- Duff named best actress at British film awards - Feb 09, 2010
- James McAvoy tumbles on movie set - Oct 07, 2010
- James McAvoy to star in 'Trance' - Jun 25, 2011
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- James McAvoy taking a break from films - Apr 12, 2010
- Pacino, Danes get Golden Globes for best actors in TV mini series - Jan 17, 2011
- Kristen Stewart gets BAFTA 'Rising Star' nod - Jan 13, 2010
- Filming on new 'X-Men' movie halted after James McAvoy accident - Oct 07, 2010
- James McAvoy to star as Darcy in zombie Pride and Prejudice? - Dec 14, 2010
- Al Pacino honoured at Venice film fest - Sep 06, 2011
- James McAvoy not part of Ian Fleming's biopic - Jan 12, 2010
- Third time lucky Knightley - Sep 15, 2011
- 3D movies waste of money: James McAvoy - Jun 18, 2011
- Fans don't recognise James McAvoy - May 28, 2011
- James McAvoy's confusion - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: actor michael caine, daily express, english actor, english television, film award, film roles, hollywood star, italian job, james mcavoy, kenneth branagh, michael caine, noel edmonds, scottish actor, sir michael caine, stage performance, star al, television presenter, variety clubs, veteran actor, wyndhams theatre