Sino-India trade remedy pact inkedOctober 10th, 2008 - 8:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct.10 (ANI): India and China have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on trade remedy.
The MoU is aimed at ensuring transparency and better understanding of technical and other matters related to anti-dumping and trade barriers.
Addressing a joint press conference, Chinese Vice Minister on Trade Gao Hucheng and Indias Commerce Secretary G.K. Pillai said that issues related to trade balance were discussed at length during the talks between the two sides.
The trade imbalance at present is in favour of China.
Pillai said that the business worth hundreds of millions of dollars is to be signed on Saturday in the areas of chemicals, textiles, general electric equipment, minerals, steel and cement. Pillai said that the two countries have already crossed the 50 billion dollars mark of two-way trade and the two sides feel that in the next five years the bilateral trade can go up to 100 billion dollars.
Hucheng is heading a 60-member business delegation from his country. (ANI)
- India-China sign MoU on trade remedy (Update MoU) - Oct 10, 2008
- India, China look at over $100-bn bilateral trade - Oct 10, 2008
- China's firm policy to deepen Pakistan ties: Wen (Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
- Chinese Premier Wen says his India visit will promote friendship - Dec 15, 2010
- India, Australia to collaborate in wool production and trade - May 02, 2012
- Pakistan, China sign MoUs on first day of Wen's visit - Dec 18, 2010
- 'China has high expectations from Premier Wen's India visit' - Dec 15, 2010
- Kenya eyes bilateral deals with China - Jul 17, 2012
- Chinese Premier Jiabao heads to Pakistan to boost trade - Dec 17, 2010
- Indo-China trade to reach $100 bn by 2015: Sharma - Nov 03, 2011
- Pakistan, China ink 20-bn-dollar deals in various fields - Dec 18, 2010
- India, China sign six pacts to strengthen partnership - Dec 16, 2010
- 'India-Italy trade at 15 billion euros by 2015' - Oct 31, 2011
- India, Pakistan trade bodies sign pact - Jun 04, 2012
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: bilateral trade, billion dollars, business delegation, chinese vice, commerce secretary, gao, general electric, india trade, indias, member business, memorandum of understanding, mou, next five years, pact, pillai, trade balance, trade barriers, trade imbalance, vice minister, worth hundreds