Singapore defence chief in Delhi to promote military cooperationMarch 3rd, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 3 (ANI): visiting chief of Singapore defence forces Lieutenant General Desmond Kuek called on Navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta here today to discuss ways to bolster military cooperation between the two countries.
After signing pact with India that allows the armed forces of Singapore to train on Indian territory, both countries are all set to expand their bilateral and military ties.
The five-year- bilateral cooperation signed between India and Singapore will see India playing regular host for Singapore armed forces, while Singapore in turn, will allow access to Indian military training facilities.
Singapore has signed similar military training agreements with other countries like US, France, Australia, Thailand and Taiwan as well since it does not have either land or air space required for such large scale exercises.
Kuek is also scheduled to visit Srinagar on March 4. (ANI)
- India, Singapore sign military training deal - Jul 11, 2012
- IAF chief to visit Singapore air show - Feb 13, 2012
- India, Singapore extend military training agreement (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Thailand ink six pacts; to boost anti-terror cooperation (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Antony leaves for Japan to further defence relations - Nov 01, 2011
- India, Thailand to boost anti-terror cooperation, to sign FTA (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Antony to visit Saudi Arabia, Qatar May 7-9 - May 03, 2011
- Singapore defence chief in India to expand ties - Nov 08, 2011
- India, Saudi Arabia to set up joint defence panel (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- India, Mozambique to jointly fight piracy - Jun 28, 2011
- Indian Navy chief to meet Chinese delegation - Dec 02, 2009
- India-US defence dialogue held ahead of naval drill - Feb 23, 2012
- In a first, Antony goes to Saudi Arabia on key defence visit - Feb 11, 2012
- India, Oman sign memorandum on military cooperation - Dec 28, 2011
- Afghanistan seeks Indian equipment for security forces (Lead) - May 01, 2012
Tags: admiral, air space, bilateral cooperation, desmond, India, indian territory, large scale, lieutenant general, mehta, military cooperation, military ties, military training, navy, New Delhi, pact, singapore armed forces, singapore defence forces, srinagar, taiwan, Thailand