Simon Cowell tipped to get next Brit awardOctober 15th, 2008 - 6:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 15 (ANI): Music mogul Simon Cowell has been considered to be a leading contender for the Outstanding Contribution Brit award next year, even though he has never written a song.
The award is usually given to singers who have made a huge contribution to the music industry, and previous winners include legends Paul McCartney, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, U2, Sting, Tom Jones, Paul Weller, The Bee Gees and Oasis.
Originally, the award was meant for George Michael, but after his erratic behaviour, his name was removed from the list, and the Brits Committee came up with Cowells name.
The multi-millionaire music mogul told them that he would be glad to accept the gong at the glittering Earls Court bash next February.
If Cowell gets the big gong it will cause an almighty stink in the music game, the Sun quoted a source as saying.
He will be the first svengali to win rather than an artist the publicity worldwide would be enormous.
X Factor is looking like it is having another weak year in terms of new stars so he is open to the idea.
The timing is perfect to highlight the success of Leona Lewis in the US, the source added. (ANI)
- Noel Gallagher 'is the next McCartney' - Oct 05, 2010
- Jesse McCartney, Ryan Tedder bag Song Of The Year gong - Apr 23, 2009
- Musicians like Sir Paul McCartney should retire at 40: Alan McGee - Jan 30, 2010
- McCartney to get top French honour - Sep 04, 2012
- Beatles great McCartney receives top music award from US President Obama at the White House - Jun 03, 2010
- Bob Dylan, Macca appear on charity calendar to raise funds for cancer sufferers - Nov 29, 2009
- Paul McCartney To Be Honored At White House With Gershwin Prize - May 25, 2010
- I immerse myself in writing: Paul Mccartney - Sep 26, 2011
- Obama to honour Paul McCartney - May 25, 2010
- Simon Cowell is not gay, says Louis Walsh - Oct 22, 2010
- "Check Out The Nominees Of BRIT Awards 2011! " - Jan 14, 2011
- Jackson voted greatest singer of all time - Jun 22, 2011
- Oprah, McCartney receive Kennedy Center Honours - Dec 07, 2010
- Paul McCartney Croons For Michelle Obama - Jun 04, 2010
- X Factor's Wagner Carrilho in the centre of a drug deal probe - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: bee gees, brit award, brits, contender, david bowie, earls court, fleetwood mac, george michael, gong, leona lewis, music game, music industry, music mogul, new stars, paul mccartney, simon cowell, stink, svengali, tom jones, x factor