Sienna Miller wins PS53k payout in paparazzi court battle

November 22nd, 2008 - 12:32 pm ICT by ANI  

London, Nov 22 (ANI): Sienna Miller has won 53,000 pounds in damages from a photo agency over claims of “intolerable” campaign by pursuing paparazzi.

According to TimesOnline, the 26-year-old actress claimed that her life had been made intolerable by snappers as they were intruding into her privacy and pursuing her across the world.

The stunner had sued agency Big Pictures UK Limited and its founder Darryn Lyons, who have agreed to pay her 37,000 pounds in damages and her legal costs.

The case was due to be tried at London’’s High Court on January 19 but her counsel, David Sherborne, told Justice Eady that the two sides had come to terms.

The agreement included detailed undertakings not to pursue or follow the actress, or to doorstep her at her home or that of her family.

The actress lawyer Mark Thomson, from Carter-Ruck, said the settlement and the undertakings may have important repercussions for other paparazzi and well-known figures.

Its not a binding court ruling but it may well encourage other celebrities and those followed in such a way to take action. We hope that people will back off my client as a result of this, Thomson said.

Under the terms of the High Court order, Big Pictures pledged that its photographers would not pursue or follow Miller by car, motorcycle or moped, or any means howsoever, or place her under surveillance.

Miller agreed that she would not have any such reasonable expectation when she was entering or exiting a bar, restaurant or nightclub, was on a public footpath or highway and not visibly upset or distressed or attending a red carpet event. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |

Subscribe