Sidhu, Majithia publicly claim of having no differences between themNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
Sidhu told reporters holding hands of Majithia, who is also the Information and Broadcasting Minister in the Parkash Singh Badal Government, that there exists ‘no differences’ between them.
“Bikram is like younger brother to him,” he told ANI, adding, “There could have been some communication gap.”
Majithia in a reciprocal gesture said that both have a single mission for the development of Amritsar, which was above any political or personal considerations.
“I will leave no stone unturned in support of Sidhu,” Majithia added.
There were reports earlier that relations between the BJP and the Shiromani Akali Dal have taken a nosedive with BJP leader Balbir Punj openly criticising policies of Badal’s government in Punjab.
Sidhu also was reportedly sulking over the manner in which Majithia ignored him in few SAD- BJP functions.
The BJP-SAD alliance came to power this February after defeating the Congress Government in the State. (ANI)
- Record 21 chief parliamentary secretaries in Punjab - Apr 06, 2012
- Prominent candidates in Punjab assembly polls - Jan 28, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.200 crore - Jan 12, 2012
- Punjab gets 21 new chief parliamentary secretaries - Apr 10, 2012
- 65 per cent voting in Punjab (Evening Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Akalis, BJP build on new, secular identity (Punjab Newsletter) - Apr 14, 2012
- Day after win, Badals pray at Golden Temple - Mar 07, 2012
- Record voting in Punjab, nearly 77 cast franchise (Intro Roundup) - Jan 31, 2012
- Punjab MPs demand restoration of direct flights between Amritsar, Canada - Nov 30, 2010
- Over 77 percent voting in Punjab, one killed in violence (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- Congress embarrassed after drubbing by Akalis (Punjab Newsletter) - Jun 15, 2012
- Akali Dal to go with NDA on presidential poll - Jun 12, 2012
- Badal takes over as Punjab CM for fifth time (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- 'Parkash Singh Badal to be chief minister' - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: amritsar, bikram singh, bjp leader, camaraderie, communication gap, congress government, criticising, holding hands, joint press conference, navjot singh sidhu, parkash singh badal, personal considerations, punjab, sad alliance, shiromani akali dal, sulking, tussle