Sick fans running an Internet sweep on when Gazza will dieOctober 2nd, 2008 - 4:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 2 (ANI): Troubled football star Paul Gascoignes fans are running an Internet sweep on when Gazza will die.
Celtic fans have blitzed a website with bets on how and when the ex-Rangers star will pass away.
The Gazza Death Sweepstake was launched after the England soccer legend - who is battling booze addiction and depression - was pictured hammering on a pub door desperate for an early morning drink, the Daily Star reported.
He was arrested after brawling with a photographer and cautioned for criminal damage after smashing a fans mobile phone.
Hours later sick bloggers opened an Internet book on Celtic fans forum The Huddleboard on how long the 41-year-old former Spurs, Newcastle and Everton star will last.
One member Benedicts11 - who has made over 5,000 postings - sneered: Ill give him three months.” Another called Marty Bhoy added: Ill go for nine months.
While Stevo1888 said: Two hours.
One twisted punter - who uses the name Ayrshire CSC - wrote: On the Queens birthday. They can both go. What a day!
Last night a pal of Gazza said: Its just unbelievable people would do this. He has been through a really difficult time as everyone knows and this is like kicking him when hes down. Paul needs support right now - not sick b*****ds trying to drive him to an early grave. They should all rot in hell. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Gazza's drink-driving charge dropped - Feb 11, 2011
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- 'I'm an alcoholic, I'm ill, but I'm not a bad person,' says Gazza - Aug 23, 2010
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Witness' failure to attend court delays Gazza 'drik-driving' care for 3rd time - Dec 14, 2010
- Homeless Gazza appeals to footie's union to bail him out - Feb 17, 2010
- Gazza's drinking pal accused of telling absolute pack of lies in court - Feb 16, 2011
- Gazza feels gutted about criminal Moat's death - Jul 12, 2010
- Gazza checks into rehab again - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: ayrshire, bhoy, bloggers, booze, celtic fans, csc, daily star, early grave, england soccer, everton, football star, huddleboard, internet book, nine months, punter, queens birthday, sick fans, soccer legend, spurs, sweepstake