Sibtey Razi sworn in as Assam GovernorJuly 27th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, July 27 (ANI): Syed Sibtey Razi was sworn-in as Governor of Assam on Monday.
Gauhati High Court Chief Justice J Chelameswar administered the oath of office to Razi.
After the ceremony, Razi said his first duty would be to work for the welfare of the people in the state.
Razi, who was earlier the Governor of Jharkhand, succeeded Shiv Charan Mathur, who passed away on June 25.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, his cabinet colleagues, Director General of Police G M Srivastava, top army and civil officials and president of the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee Bhubaneswar Kalita were present on the ocassion. (ANI)
- 18 Assam ministers sworn in - May 27, 2011
- Assam governor Razi asked to quit - Aug 18, 2009
- Kateekal Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Governor of Jharkhand - Jul 26, 2009
- PM, Sonia arrive in Guwahati, leave for Kokrajhar - Jul 28, 2012
- No complaints against Governor Razi: Assam chief minister - Aug 18, 2009
- Allegations against me false, asserts Razi (Lead) - Aug 18, 2009
- Guwahati molestation: Assam police yet to visit Odisha - Jul 16, 2012
- Chopper carrying PM returns due to bad weather (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Rahul, Gogoi to visit Assam disaster site (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 02, 2012
- Gogoi sworn in as Assam chief minister (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi meets kin of ferry disaster victims - May 02, 2012
- Justice Gogoi new Punjab and Haryana chief justice - Feb 12, 2011
- Have not been asked to quit, says Assam Governor Razi (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2009
- Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand Governor - Jul 26, 2009
- Molestation row: Gogoi asks channel to clarify stand - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: army, assam, bhubaneswar, cabinet colleagues, chief justice, chief minister, civil officials, congress committee, director general, gauhati high court, guwahati, jharkhand, kalita, mathur, oath of office, tarun, welfare