Shivraj Patil visits blast- affected areas in AssamOctober 31st, 2008 - 9:04 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Oct 31 (ANI): Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil today visited Kokrajhar to to take the stock of the situation after Thursday’’s serial blasts in the state in which 70 people were killed and over 300 injured.
The Home Minister visited the blast sites to access the intensity of the blast. He also visited Kokrajhar Rupnath Brahma Civil Hospital and meet some of the blast victims.
Talking to reporters, he said that he would take the matter with the state government and assured all possible help from the Centre.
Senior BJP leader and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha, L K Advani, is also arrived here this morning and visited the blast sites at Panbazar, Kachari Ghat and Ganeshguri and the injured in the hospitals.
Later, talking to reporters he blamed the Centre and the State Government’’s inaction responsible for blast and said that the blasts have confirmed once again that Bangladesh soil is being used for anti-India activities.
He urged the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh to put diplomatic pressure on the Bangladesh authorities to prevent such activities.
Meanwhile, a massive search operation has been launched to arrest those involved in blasts. A seven-member National Security Guard (NSG) team has already reached Guwahati to identify the explosives used in the blasts.
Twelve high intensity serial blasts rocked Guwahati and some other cities of Assam on Thursday morning.
The first explosions took place near the Ganeshguri flyover near the high-security capital complex housing the Assembly building, followed by explosions at Paltan Bazar and Fancy Bazar in Guwahati.
Around the same time, bombs also went off in crowded market places of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Barpeta in lower Assam.
Meanwhile, Indian Mujahideen, a frontal organisation of HUJI and Lashkar - e Toiba - has claimed responsibility for Assam serial blasts. It made the claim in an SMS sent to a local TV channel. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh to visit blast affected areas of Assam - Nov 01, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit Assam today - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil to visit Assam today - Oct 31, 2008
- PM, Sonia visit Assam blast victims - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil assures help to Assam government to punish perpetrators of blasts - Nov 01, 2008
- Four NDFB bombers linked to Assam blasts held - May 28, 2010
- Guwahati students rally against serial blasts - Nov 12, 2008
- Assam Police leadership collapsed during Oct 30 blasts: Report - Oct 26, 2009
- CBI nabs four NDFB members for role in 2008 Assam serial blasts - May 28, 2010
- Uneasy calm in Assam after serial blasts - Oct 31, 2008
- Don't spare Assam's Kasab, say victims of 2008 blasts - Oct 29, 2010
- All religion prayer for Assam blasts victims in Kolkata - Oct 31, 2008
- Assam blast: VHP calls for 12 hours shutdown today - Nov 01, 2008
- NDFB chief is Assam's 'Kasab', say angry blast victims - May 02, 2010
- Police releases sketch of Assam blasts suspect - Nov 04, 2008
Tags: assam, bjp leader, diplomatic pressure, dr manmohan singh, flyover, ghat, guwahati, high intensity, huji, india activities, l k advani, lashkar e toiba, leader of the opposition, Lok Sabha, manmohan singh, massive search operation, nsg, security capital, time bombs, union home minister