Shivraj Patil to conduct aerial survey of flood-affected areas in AssamSeptember 14th, 2008 - 11:29 am ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Sept 14 (ANI): Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil will make an aerial survey of the flood-affected areas of Assam today.
During his visit, Patil will meet state officials at a high-level meeting and will take stock of the flood situation. The government of Assam will also make a detailed presentation on the latest flood damages to the Home Minister.
On Saturday, state Chief Minister Tarun Gagoi presented a detailed picture after damages caused by floods to Dr. Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Shivraj Patil in New Delhi.
Earlier, Gogoi had requested the Speaker of the Assembly, Tanka Bahadur Rai, to constitute the delegation with immediate effect. He asked State Assembly members to contribute a month’’s salary to the Chief Minister’’s Fund for helping the flood-affected people.
Gogoi also requested MPs to contribute ten lakh rupees each from their Local Area Development Fund to repair the damages caused by the floods.
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, who is also a Rajya Sabha Member from the State, has already assured the Chief Minister to release 70 lakh rupees from his Member of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) Fund.
Dr. Singh assured that the Centre would provide all required for the rehabilitation of flood victims in Assam.
The Centre has sanctioned the first installment of grant-in-aid to the tune of 7,898 crore rupees to the State Government towards Calamity Relief Fund (CRF) in the current year itself, official sources said.
The flood situation in the State is improving slowly. Relief, restoration and rehabilitation works are going on in full swing in the flood-affected areas. (ANI)
- Assam MLAs to visit flood affected areas soon - Sep 12, 2008
- Flood situation improves in Assam, Sonia to visit Monday - Jun 30, 2012
- PM recognises Assam soil erosion as natural disaster - Jul 03, 2012
- Assam's flood, landslide toll rises to 124 - Jul 08, 2012
- 128 people killed, 6,000 cattle dead in Assam floods - Aug 08, 2012
- Assam flood situation worsens, toll rises to 18 - Jun 28, 2012
- Assam floods: Central team starts to assess damage - Jul 10, 2012
- Gogoi hints at judicial probe into violence - Aug 11, 2012
- PM, Sonia to visit flood-hit Assam, toll rises to 61 - Jul 01, 2012
- Farooq Abdullah gives Rs.50 lakh for Leh relief - Aug 30, 2010
- PM appeals for peace in Assam, assures proper probe, rehabilitation (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Availability of funds will not be a constraint for flood-hit states, says Chidambaram - Oct 06, 2009
- Assam floods: Central team to assess damage, toll 88 - Jul 05, 2012
- Declare a calamity severe in three days, says panel - Aug 14, 2012
- PM announces Rs.300 crore relief for Assam victims - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: aerial survey, assam, chief minister, crore rupees, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, flood damages, flood situation, flood victims, full swing, gogoi, guwahati, lakh, manmohan singh, member of parliament, rajya sabha member, sonia gandhi, state assembly members, state chief, union home minister