Shivraj Patil reviews Delhi security after blastsSeptember 19th, 2008 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 19 (ANI): Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil on Friday reviewed the security of the national capital in the wake of Saturday’’s blasts.
The meeting, which was held at Patil’’s official residence, was attended by Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and City Police Commissioner Y S Dadhwal.
According to sources, discussion was held on Thursday’’s Cabinet decision to strengthen Delhi Police and security of Connaught Place.
The meeting was held after Sheila Dikshit met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Shivraj Patil and discussed the matter.
On Tuesday, Delhi Police released five sketches of three persons suspected to have planted the bombs in the national capital on Saturday.
One of the sketches was that of the person who allegedly planted the bomb in Ghaffar market in Karol Bagh, while two sketches each were of the two men who placed the bombs near a building in Barakhamba road.
Five bombs exploded in quick succession in crowded markets and busy streets in Delhi on Saturday, killing 20 and injuring at least 90.
Two bombs went off in dustbins in and around Connaught Place, a shopping and dining area popular with tourists and locals in the city centre but the maximum causalities were caused by a bomb placed in an auto-rickshaw in the crowded Ghaffar market. The bombs exploded within minutes of each other.
Jaipur, Ahmadabad and Bengaluru were hit by serial blasts in recent months killing and injuring hundreds of people.
An outfit “Indian Mujahideen” has claimed responsibility for the blasts but authorities suspect it to be an offshoot of the SIMI. (ANI)
- Ahmedabad blasts accused brought to Delhi - Sep 18, 2008
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Delhi blast: Suspects' sketches released - Sep 07, 2011
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- Police releases sketches of Delhi blasts suspects - Sep 16, 2008
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012
- Death toll in Delhi serial blasts rises 30 - Sep 14, 2008
- Police to release third sketch of bomber - Sep 09, 2011
- Pune blasts: Sketches of suspects prepared, four detainees freed - Aug 03, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's ATS nabs Delhi serial blast and Batla House encounter accused - Feb 02, 2010
- Chavan reviews Pune blasts probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- Blast in Nigeria kills bomber - Apr 02, 2012
- 11 killed, 91 injured as terror returns to Delhi - Sep 08, 2011
- Four children injured in Patna explosion - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: ahmadabad, auto rickshaw, cabinet decision, chief minister, connaught place, delhi police, dustbins, karol bagh, lieutenant governor, manmohan, manmohan singh, mujahideen, offshoot, police commissioner, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sheila dikshit, three persons, two sketches, union home minister