Shivraj Patil briefs PM about security situation in the countryJuly 27th, 2008 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 27 (ANI): After convening a high-level meeting to take stock of security situation in the country following serial blasts in Bangalore and Ahmedabad, Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil today met Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh to apprise him about the latest situation in the two cities.
Immediately after the meeting with his high-ranking officials, Patil rushed to the Prime Ministers residence to brief the premier.
The security review meeting of relevant government institutions and officials took place to establish the cause behind the Ahmedabad and Bangalore blasts, and to mull what steps were needed to counter this menace.
The meeting was second of its kind since last week when the Home Ministry had gone into the security scenario in the country and issued advisories to various states asking them to be on high alert.
The meeting was attended by Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekar, Union Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta, Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB) PC Haldar and Delhi Police Chief YS Dadwal. Besides, senior officers of the Home Ministry and security agencies also attended the meeting. (ANI)
- Central government extends help to violence-hit Gujarat - Jul 27, 2008
- India rushes to meet CWG deadlines, PM holds meeting (Roundup) - Sep 23, 2010
- Patil chairs meeting to take stock of security - Sep 14, 2008
- Chidambaram pays surprise visit to Delhi Police headquarters - Sep 29, 2010
- Bangalore blast accused killed in jail - Jun 08, 2012
- Home Minister chairs high-level meeting to assess security situation - Sep 14, 2008
- Chidambaram holds meeting with top security officials - Sep 08, 2011
- Chidambaram reviews Commonwealth Games security - Sep 23, 2010
- Home secretary reviews CWG security - Sep 26, 2010
- Chidambaram meets CWG OC members, sets final timelines - Sep 23, 2010
- Chidambaram's credits: Headley interrogation, Kasab conviction - Dec 01, 2011
- Chidambaram to review security strategy in Assam - Nov 12, 2010
- Home Ministry denies sending internal mail to PMO on CWG security - Sep 23, 2010
- Neeraj Kumar is new Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- ULFA demands constitutional amendment at talks - Oct 25, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, cabinet secretary, delhi police, dr manmohan singh, government institutions, gupta, home ministry, home secretary, intelligence bureau, madhukar, manmohan, manmohan singh, police chief, prime ministers, relevant government, security agencies, security review, security situation, serial blasts, union home minister