Shivraj Patil assures help to Assam government to punish perpetrators of blastsNovember 1st, 2008 - 8:06 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Nov 1 (ANI): The Centre has assured its full cooperation to the Assam Government on Saturday in finding and punishing the perpetrators of the serial blasts in the state.
Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil, who visited the blast sites at Kokrajhar and Barpeta District of the state, said both the Centre and the state government would ensure that such incidents do not recur.
He also visited Barpeta civil hospital to inquire about the well being of the injured in the blasts and spoke to senior police officials as well.
Twelve high intensity serial blasts rocked Guwahati and some other cities of Assam on Thursday morning, leaving over 70 people dead.
The first explosions took place near the Ganeshguri flyover near the high-security capital complex housing the Assembly building, followed by explosions at Paltan Bazar and Fancy Bazar in Guwahati.
Around the same time, bombs also went off in crowded market places of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Barpeta in lower Assam. (ANI)
- Shivraj Patil to visit Assam today - Oct 31, 2008
- PM, Sonia visit Assam blast victims - Nov 01, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit blast affected areas of Assam - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil visits blast- affected areas in Assam - Oct 31, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit Assam today - Nov 01, 2008
- Guwahati students rally against serial blasts - Nov 12, 2008
- All religion prayer for Assam blasts victims in Kolkata - Oct 31, 2008
- Uneasy calm in Assam after serial blasts - Oct 31, 2008
- Assam blast: VHP calls for 12 hours shutdown today - Nov 01, 2008
- Police releases sketch of Assam blasts suspect - Nov 04, 2008
- Don't spare Assam's Kasab, say victims of 2008 blasts - Oct 29, 2010
- Assam Police leadership collapsed during Oct 30 blasts: Report - Oct 26, 2009
- Assam blasts: PM says government not soft on terrorism - Nov 01, 2008
- NDFB chief is Assam's 'Kasab', say angry blast victims - May 02, 2010
- Where is our compensation, kin of Assam blast victims ask PM - Oct 30, 2009
Tags: assam government, explosions, flyover, full cooperation, high intensity, high security, nov 1, perpetrators, police officials, security capital, serial blasts, state government, thursday morning, time bombs, union home minister