Shiv Sena blames MNS for splitting Marathi votesMay 16th, 2009 - 6:49 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 16 (ANI): The Shiv Sena on Saturday blamed the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) for dividing Marathi votes on regional lines.
“The MNS tried to divide people on regional lines. The party has divided the Marathi votes,” Shiv Sena leader Diwakar Raote said.
Raote, however, claimed that his party was a hit in urban areas.
“We have not suffered a setback. We are in second place. We took a hit in urban areas,” Raote added.
Meanwhile, responding to the Sena criticism, MNS General Secretary Nitin Sardesai said the Marathi people have voted for his party in large numbers.
“This is a victory of the ideology of the MNS. People have voted for us in large numbers, with youth and women being our major supporters,” Sardesai said.
Sardesai further said the Marathi people have abandoned the Shiv Sena because it was not firm on the ‘outsiders’ issue.
“The Shiv Sena should do introspection. The Marathi manoos plank, initiated by the Sena, was later abandoned by it but the MNS was firm on issue,” he added. (ANI)
- Elections will see communal parties losing relevance: Chavan - Feb 16, 2012
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- The Congress is the best friend of the Thackerays (Comment) - Oct 23, 2010
- Play Marathi songs on FM channels: MNS - Jul 11, 2010
- Mumbaikars want Shiv Sena to put its house in order - Oct 24, 2009
- Shiv Sena men would have made 'tandoori' of Azmi: Bal Thackeray - Nov 10, 2009
- Cracks in Hindutva camp spells doom for doctrine (Comment) - Feb 06, 2010
- Derecognise Shiv Sena, MNS: lawyer petitions poll panel - Feb 16, 2010
- Thackeray family feud now out in the open - May 24, 2009
- Sena and RSS lock horns over north Indian issue - Feb 01, 2010
- Maharashtra opposition members meet governor - Aug 12, 2011
- Jubilance and disappointment after Maharashtra civic polls results - Feb 17, 2012
- MNS opposes non-Marathi staff in Provident Fund office - May 10, 2010
- NCP disappointed over Rahul Gandhi's comment - Feb 05, 2010
- Tie up with MNS only after Shiv Seva's nod: BJP - Mar 04, 2011