Shiv Sena activists stage protest in AmritsarNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
Baldev Bhardwaj, vice president of the Shiv Sena ( Bal Thackeray group), said certain elements wanted to disturb the peace in Punjab. He warned the Babar Khalsa to desist from such attempts in the future. He also claimed that Pakistan was behind the Ludhiana blast and urged the government to give befitting reply.
Meanwhile, Ludhiana Range DIG Ishwar Singh told reporters in Ludhiana that the ‘’single” blast was caused by a bomb and it was a terrorist attack, though no outfit had claimed responsibility.
He added that the bomb, which had claimed the lives of six people and injured 32 people, was planted between the second and third seat in the third row of the second block in the cinema hall.
Maximum damage was done to the ”lower class” area of the hall, which is usually frequented by migrant labourers.
The Centre has also got in touch with the Punjab Government seeking details about the explosion.
Union Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta, after talking to Punjab Chief Secretary Ramesh Inder Singh, apprised Home Minister Shivraj Patil about the situation.
Punjab has been placed on a state of high alert after the bomb blasts in Ajmer and Ludhiana.
Strongly condemning the incident, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said that fundamental and anti-national forces inimical to peace and communal harmony will not be allowed to succeed in their nefarious designs.
Badal said that law and order in the state will be maintained at all costs and appealed to people to remain calm. (ANI)
- One killed in clash over Rajoana, curfew in Gurdaspur (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Curfew continues in Gurdaspur, Badal orders probe - Mar 30, 2012
- Shiv Sena activists burn Pakistan national flag in Amritsar - Sep 13, 2009
- ISI helping militants to establish terror network in Punjab: Police chief - Jul 20, 2010
- Bal Thackeray urges truce with NCP - Jun 06, 2011
- Sikhs burn effigy of controversial sect leader in Amritsar during Punjab Bandh - Dec 07, 2009
- Punjab VIPs security stepped up after BKI terrorists' arrest - Dec 25, 2011
- Punjab shutdown against riots hits normal life (Roundup) - Nov 03, 2009
- Punjab shutdown against riots hits normal life (Second Lead) - Nov 03, 2009
- Protests across Maharashtra against petrol price hike - May 24, 2012
- Centre stays Rajoana hanging, Punjab leaders welcome it (Roundup) - Mar 28, 2012
- Shiv Sena protests lifting of ban on James Laine book on Shivaji - Jul 12, 2010
- Bihar politicians slam Uddhav Thackeray - Sep 04, 2012
- Mumbai targeted by terrorists nine times in 10 years - Jul 26, 2011
- Punjab police arrests four Sikh militants - Jul 19, 2010
Tags: activists, amritsar, apprised, babar khalsa, bal thackeray, bomb, chowk, cinema hall, communal harmony, disturb the peace, inder singh, inimical, ludhiana, migrant labourers, nefarious, parkash singh badal, punjab, reply, shiv sena, shouted slogans