Shirdis Super Specialty Hospital at the service of the poorest of the poorJune 5th, 2008 - 9:46 pm ICT by ANI
Shirdi (Maharashtra), June 4 (ANI): As part of its initiatives to help out the poor and needy people, the Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust at Shirdi in Maharashtra today offers a special medical treatment for the people from rural areas.
Over 6,094 heart surgeries are performed within a year at the Saibaba Sansthans Super Specialty Hospital . Today, it has become a major support for medical treatment for farmers, farm laboures, and workers of the rural area.
In 2006, the Saibaba Santhan Trust constructed the hospital equipped with advanced technology for the welfare of people from rural areas.
Today, the Super Specialty Hospital holds the distinction of being the fourth such hospital of its kind to have high standard machines. It has various departments like heart, ophthalmology, eye, orthopedics, dentistry, plastic surgery, general surgery, nuero-surgery and many others are functional here.
General patients are charged reasonable fees.
Besides, about a thousand patients are treated at the Sainath Hospital of Saibaba Santhan Trust. The patients having problems related to brain, kidney, cancer, or requiring bypass surgery get a financial assistance up to Rs. 20,000.
The hospital also provides three dialysis machines, two artificial respirators, line cure system for dental department, ultra sonic scale, baby incubator. It also offers medical service for the physically disabled or handicapped and organizes eye-testing and operation camps absolutely free of cost.
Saibaba Santhan Trust has also set up its blood bank having all facilities. It attends to the needs of the poor for blood at reasonable rates.
Dr. Dharmadhikari is one of the heart specialists, who has the distinction of having operated 47 patients of angiography, angioplasty and installation of balloon in 24 hours, at this super specialty hospital which was a world record.
The initiative is being carried out under the supervision of Chairman of Shri Saibaba Santhan Trust and MLA Jayant Sasane, Vice Chairman Shankarrao Kolhe, Executive Officer Kishor More, Medical Director C. S. Bobade and Medical Superintendent Asha Pendase. (ANI)
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed - Mar 28, 2012
- Saibaba Temple gets diamonds worth Rs.1.18 crore - Aug 01, 2012
- Shirdi temple gets new trustees (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 28, 2012
- Mumbai businessman offers silver throne for Shirdi Saibaba (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees - Mar 13, 2012
- Shutdown in Shirdi, villagers go on hunger strike - Apr 20, 2011
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- Shirdi temple trust to honour Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Court stays new Shirdi temple board of trustees - Mar 30, 2012
- Saibaba's sandals will not be taken to Britain - Aug 23, 2010
- Shirdi's Sai Baba temple goes green with solar steam cooking system - Oct 20, 2010
- Shanta Kumar's trust-run hospital opens in Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: advanced technology, angioplasty, blood bank, bypass surgery, dental department, dialysis machines, general surgery, heart specialists, heart surgeries, hospital today, kidney cancer, medical service, medical treatment, respirators, rural area, rural areas, shirdi, shri saibaba, specialty hospital, world record