Shiney Ahuja to appeal against rape sentence in High CourtMarch 31st, 2011 - 3:35 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 31 (ANI): Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja, who was convicted by a Mumbai court on Wednesday on charges of allegedly raping his 20-year-old domestic maid, will now challenge his conviction in the High Court.
The court had on Wednesday convicted Ahuja to seven years in jail on charges of raping his domestic help.
The Bombay High Court had earlier in October 2009 granted bail to him.
Ahuja was arrested on June 15 after preliminary medical tests on the girl confirmed sexual assault. He was charged under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) Section 376 with rape, along with wrongful restraint and intimidation.
Ahuja, however, earlier insisted that he is innocent. (ANI)
- Shiney Ahuja gets seven years jail in rape case - Mar 30, 2011
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals against rape sentence in Bombay HC - Apr 19, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail from Bombay High Court - Apr 27, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's maid claims the actor never raped her - Sep 08, 2010
- 'Har Pal' set for summer release, Preity ready to promote it - Jan 16, 2012
- Shiney Ahuja sentenced to 7-year jail for raping maid - Mar 30, 2011
- Judiciary should not target actors blatantly: Arshad Warsi - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail in rape case - Oct 01, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja's bail plea rejected - Jul 08, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja arrives in Delhi - Oct 04, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja released from Mumbai jail after furnishing surety of Rs 50,000 - Oct 03, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja jailed for 7 years for raping maid (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's bail plea hearing today - Jul 07, 2009
- I wish Shiney all the strength: Farhan Akhtar - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's bail plea hearing deferred till July 7 - Jul 03, 2009