Shiney Ahuja gets seven years jail in rape caseMarch 30th, 2011 - 7:12 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 30 (ANI): A Mumbai court on Wednesday convicted Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja to seven years in jail on charges of allegedly raping his 20-year-old domestic maid.
The Bombay High Court had earlier in October 2009 granted bail to him.
Ahuja was arrested on June 15 after preliminary medical tests on the girl confirmed sexual assault. He was charged under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) Section 376 with rape, along with wrongful restraint and intimidation.
Ahuja, however, earlier insisted that he is innocent. (ANI)
- Shiney Ahuja to appeal against rape sentence in High Court - Mar 31, 2011
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals against rape sentence in Bombay HC - Apr 19, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail from Bombay High Court - Apr 27, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's maid claims the actor never raped her - Sep 08, 2010
- 'Har Pal' set for summer release, Preity ready to promote it - Jan 16, 2012
- Shiney Ahuja arrives in Delhi - Oct 04, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail in rape case - Oct 01, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja released from Mumbai jail after furnishing surety of Rs 50,000 - Oct 03, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja's bail plea hearing today - Jul 07, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja's bail plea hearing deferred till July 7 - Jul 03, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja's bail plea rejected - Jul 08, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja's judicial custody ends today - Aug 13, 2009
- Judiciary should not target actors blatantly: Arshad Warsi - Mar 31, 2011
- I wish Shiney all the strength: Farhan Akhtar - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's judicial custody ends today - Jul 02, 2009