Shinawatra offers to quit Manchester CityAugust 23rd, 2008 - 4:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug.23 (ANI): Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has offered to quit as the chairman of Manchester City.
Shinawatra fled Thailand where he is supposed to be facing corruption charges from his time as the country’’s Prime Minister, and has also put his position in jeopardy under the Premier League’’s Fit and Proper Persons Act.
Shinawatra denies all the charges but fears the controversy is affecting City and has offered to quit.
But the club’’s new executive chairman Gary Cook has talked him out of it, believing they can ride the storm.
If the Premier League find Shinawatra is not fit and proper they will have to take him off the Manchester City board of directors
Shinawatra may then have to transfer his 81.6 million pound stake in the club.
The club is looking for extra investment as Shinawatra has had 800 million pounds of his assets frozen in Thailand and that is restricting his investment. (ANI)
- Thai duty-free shops group buys Leicester City - Aug 18, 2010
- Thailand to 'soon' issue passport for fugitive former premier Thaksin - Dec 03, 2011
- Thailand bans Macbeth-like film - Apr 06, 2012
- Thaksin's sister set to be Thai PM - Jul 03, 2011
- Thailand gets its first woman premier - Aug 05, 2011
- Man City bosses ditch Feng Shui - May 15, 2010
- Obama congratulates Thailand's first female prime minister - Aug 14, 2011
- Ex-PM Shinawatra says won't give up his Thai nationality - May 30, 2010
- Thailand places 25 provinces under close watch before general election - Jun 29, 2011
- Tevez apologises to Manchester City - Feb 22, 2012
- Man City's 22 million pound contract for Mancini - May 09, 2012
- Yingluck to become Thailand's first female prime minister - Jul 04, 2011
- Yingluck Shinawatra becomes Thailand's first woman PM (Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- Fugitive former Thai premier loses most of his assets - Dec 26, 2008
- Thailand seeks Indian investments - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: corruption charges, former thai prime minister thaksin shinawatra, gary cook, persons act, prime minister thaksin, prime minister thaksin shinawatra, proper persons, thai prime minister, thai prime minister thaksin shinawatra, thaksin shinawatra