Sheikh Rashid forms Awami Muslim LeagueJune 1st, 2008 - 10:23 pm ICT by admin
Rawalpindi, June 1(ANI): Former Federal Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad has left Pakistan Muslim League-Qaid (PML-Q) and announced the formation of his own party named ‘Awami Muslim League’ (AML).
He further added that he would withdraw his nomination papers from Rawalpindi saying the next three months are very important in the national politics.
Rashid said his party would run according to the wishes of the people of Pakistan. Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) have both disappointed people by not restoring the deposed judges.
He has served as the Federal Minister for Railways in Pakistan from year 2006 to 2008. His previous portfolio included appointments like Federal Minister for Labour and Manpower, Information and Broadcasting, Industries, Sports Culture, and Tourism and Investment.
In the February 2008 general elections, Rashid lost both of his Rawalpindi constituencies. After his defeat, there were rumours that Shaikh Rasheed had fled to Spain, however, these allegations were later discovered to be false. (ANI)
- Pakistan's Senate passes reformed GST bill recommendations - Nov 26, 2010
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Musharraf discusses Pak political situation with AML chief - Nov 21, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010
- Blame game erupts between PML-N, PML-Q over Raymond Davis' acquittal - Mar 17, 2011
- PML-Q blasts Sharif for 'listening to flute, partying' while Karachi bled - Feb 07, 2010
- Gilani praises Manmohan as "good politician" ahead of 'cricket diplomacy' meet - Mar 30, 2011
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Pak Punjab Assembly passes resolution against Musharraf - Oct 13, 2010
- PML-N parts ways with PPP in Pakistan's Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: ahmad, allegations, constituencies, federal minister, general elections, labour, manpower, national politics, nomination papers, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pml n, ppp, qaid, railways in pakistan, rasheed, rawalpindi, rumours, sheikh rashid, three months