Sharon Stone, Madge among Playboy’’s Sexiest Celebrity Cover ModelsNovember 28th, 2008 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 28 (ANI): Many Playboy bunnies have gone on to fame and fortune after gracing the cover of the famous men’’s magazine. And some of Hollywood’’s biggest stars have boosted the mag’’s sales with alluring, enticing cover shots. Now, a list has been compiled to reveal the best celebrity cover models over the years.
The list tailored by FoxNews includes -
1. Raquel Welch, December 1979
Welch’’s career might have been waning in 1979 but her sex appeal was still at an all-time high. The cover headline read, “A Celebration of the Decade’’s Most Desired Women.”
2. Ann-Margret, October 1983
The same year that Ann-Margret made a TV movie playing a dying mother of ten children, she posed for her Playboy cover.
3. Sharon Stone, July 1990
After “Total Recall” with Arnold Schwarzenegger and a cover and nude photo spread in Playboy, Sharon was off and running to major Hollywood stardom. Playboy listed her in the “Top 25 All-Time Sexiest Stars of the Decade.”
4. Dolly Parton, October 1978
Dolly graced Playboy in full bunny attire: tail, ears, and double-Ds. That same year she won a Grammy for Best Female Country Vocal Performance.
5. Farrah Fawcett, December 1978
Fawcett, who steadfastly resisted appearing nude in films or magazines throughout the 1970s and 1980s, caused a major stir by posing nude in the December 1995 issue of Playboy, which became the best-selling issue of the 1990s, with over 4 million copies sold worldwide.
6. Joan Collins, December 1983
Joan was 49 when she posed for a 12-page pictorial and the cover of Playboy. That same year she starred in a made-for-TV movie called Making of a Male Model.
7. Burt Reynolds, October 1979
Burt has been on the cover of Playboy only once, fully clothed. But from 1973 to 1983 he was featured seven times in Playboy’’s famous annual “Sex Stars” pictorials.
8. Sally Field, March 1986
In 1986, she was between films, but she got a little career boost, Hef-style, with her cover pose in bunny tail, fishnets, and all.
9. Madonna, September 1985
Madonna embarked on her first concert tour in the U.S. in 1985 titled The Virgin Tour, with the Beastie Boys. In July that year, Penthouse and Playboy magazines published a number of black and white nude photos of Madonna taken in the late 1970s. Madonna took legal action to try and block them from being published, but when that failed she became unapologetic and defiant.
10. Barbra Streisand, October 1977
“A Star Is Born” earned her an Oscar, a Golden Globe, numerous Grammys, a Barbara Walters interview, and a Playboy cover. (ANI)
- McCarthy to strip for Playboy again - May 19, 2012
- Toni Braxton 'considering' Playboy offer - Jan 06, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's Playboy cover picture released - Dec 08, 2011
- Is Kendra Wilkinson Back On 'Playboy' Cover ? - Nov 11, 2010
- Crista Flanagan Poses For 'Playboy' - Jul 16, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva Likely To Bare All For Playboy Photoshoot - Oct 26, 2010
- Miley Cyrus & Selena Gomez being eyed by Playboy - Jan 12, 2012
- Lizzy Jagger risks her father's anger after nude photoshoot for Playboy - Apr 16, 2011
- Kim Kardashian Poses Nude for W Magazine's Full Frontal Cover - Oct 12, 2010
- Indian starlet Sherlyn Chopra to pose for Playboy - Jul 30, 2012
- Leeann Tweeden poses for Playboy - Nov 09, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan to be on cover of Playboy - Nov 09, 2011
- My latest Playboy cover is not a recent shoot: Kendra Wilkinson - Nov 10, 2010
- Marge Simpson to grace Playboy cover - Oct 10, 2009
- Karina Smirnoff's Playboy issue will be 'unforgettable', says Hugh Hefner - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: ann margret, arnold schwarzenegger, burt reynolds, cover models, dolly parton, double ds, dying mother, fame and fortune, farrah fawcett, foxnews, hollywood stardom, joan collins, madge, performance 5, raquel welch, s sales, sally field, sex stars, time sexiest, vocal performance