Shakira may perform at Obama’’s inauguration partyDecember 6th, 2008 - 6:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, December 6 (ANI): Superstar singer Shakira is reportedly in talks to perform at U.S. President-elect Barack Obama’’s inauguration party on January 20.
She may perform at a celebration to be held Obama is formally sworn into office, reports Peruvian newspaper El Comercio.
The paper further states that the Hips Don”t Lie hitmaker may join stars including Susan Sarandon, Spike Lee, and Anne Hathaway celebrate Obamas historic White House Victory in Washington, D.C.
She was a vocal supporter of Obama during his election campaign.
“Obama can restore peace and the world’’s confidence in the United States,” Contactmusic quoted her as telling reporters at the time.
Her faith in Obama was later reciprocated with the Democrat voicing his admiration for the Colombian singer’’s charity work in aid of Latin American children. (ANI)
- Shakira not dancing at Chechen president's B-day gig - Sep 30, 2011
- Shakira sues former employees - Aug 12, 2012
- Shakira signs deal with Jay-Z's firm - Feb 21, 2012
- Obamas inauguration ceremony to be historys most star-studded event - Dec 13, 2008
- Shakira wants to use her voice to help others - May 01, 2011
- Shakira receives star on Walk Of Fame - Nov 09, 2011
- Shakira notches 50 mn Facebook fans - May 13, 2012
- Shakira is seventh most popular person on Twitter - Aug 09, 2011
- Shakira asks Brazil president to back kids' projects - Mar 18, 2011
- Shakira to receive Harvard honour - Feb 17, 2011
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
- Juanes to record acoustic music special for MTV - Dec 07, 2011
- Jay-Z to play special one-off concert to celebrate Obama''s inauguration - Jan 07, 2009
- Obamas inauguration to mark ''Neighbourhood Ball'' for classless US society - Jan 10, 2009
- Here's your chance to dance with Shakira - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: admiration, anne hathaway, barack obama, charity work, colombian singer, democrat, election campaign, hips, inauguration, january 20, latin american children, peruvian newspaper, president elect, shakira, spike lee, superstar singer, susan sarandon, vocal supporter, washington d c, white house