Sexual behaviour rife in primary schools Down UnderOctober 14th, 2008 - 3:13 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 14 (ANI): Educations chiefs have expressed concerns over the increasing “inappropriate sexual behaviour” in primary school students in Adelaide, Australia.
According to the SA Police figures obtained by The Advertiser, 42 sexual assault offences were reported in schools last financial year with the crimes including rape, attempted rape, unlawful sexual intercourse and indecent assault.
A total of 204 such offences have been reported in the past four years with 15 sexual assault offences during “core” school hours on Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 4pm and a total of 78 during those hours since 2004-05.
Department chief executive Chris Robinson released six pages of incident reports from the school for 2006, 2007 and 2008, detailing shocking behaviour by its students, ranging from verbal to physical sexual abuse.
The incidents included boys exposing themselves in class, pushing girls to the ground and simulating sex, pulling down other students” pants and underwear, and violent sexual language and threats to teachers and students.
Once a student even “brought a plastic penis to school and sexually harassed another student”.
Robinson said the incidents “are of significant concern”.
Education Minister Jane Lomax-Smith also termed the trend “very serious” trend.
“The issue at primary schools is significant, because those behavioural issues might raise matters of child protection,” News.com.au quoted her, as saying.
She blamed increasing exposure to inappropriate forms of media for the disturbing trend. (ANI)
- Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girls - Jun 11, 2011
- Sexual misconduct, illicit affairs in Oz schools up threefold - Nov 07, 2010
- Oz school house mistress says she gave sex education to abused boys - Dec 02, 2010
- Replace rape with sexual assault, cabinet proposes - Jul 20, 2012
- US teacher held for sexual relation with student - Aug 12, 2012
- Oz Catholic teacher jailed for 10 yrs for raping, molesting 13 students - Oct 04, 2010
- British schools send off 900 violent pupils each day - Jul 30, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Oz woman blames sex with 9-yr-old son on medication - Oct 07, 2010
- British school teacher jailed for sexually abusing girls - Jun 14, 2011
- BBC music conductor, wife accused of rape - Jun 07, 2012
- Having oral sex 'ups likelihood of intercourse among teens' - Nov 02, 2010
- Porn linked to sexual harassment in schools - May 21, 2010
- Haryana librarian suspended for indecent behaviour - Sep 08, 2011
- Russian faces jail for internet sex talk with minor - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: 4pm, adelaide australia, behavioural issues, chiefs, chris robinson, core school, department chief, education minister, educations, inappropriate sexual behaviour, incident reports, indecent assault, jane lomax smith, lomax, monday to friday, news com au, sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual language, unlawful sexual intercourse