Seventeen killed in Andhra road mishapJune 22nd, 2010 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
Warangal (AP), June 22 (ANI): At least seventeen people of a marriage party were killed and 20 others injured when a lorry rammed into two tractors at a village in Andhra Pradesh’s Warangal District this morning.
According to sources, the incident took place when a speeding lorry hit the tractors from behind and ran over people standing around them.
Twelve people were killed on the spot, while five others, including the bridegroom died in the hospital.
The injured have been admitted to a government hospital in Warangal and Mehaboobabad Districts. (ANI)
- Bridegroom among 17 killed in Andhra road accident - Jun 22, 2010
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Twelve members of marriage party killed in West Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 21, 2011
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Twelve killed in Uttar Pradesh road mishap - Apr 12, 2011
- 18 killed in Mizoram bus accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Andhra villagers torch man to death (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- Five pilgrims killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - May 13, 2011
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- Andhra villagers torch youth to death - May 31, 2011
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Four killed as speeding truck runs into a house - Feb 15, 2012