Seven killed in Bangalore building collapseDecember 12th, 2007 - 1:16 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, Dec 12 (ANI): At least seven people were killed and eighteen injured when a balcony of an old residential building collapsed here late on Tuesday night.
The Bangalore city corporation building, which was said to be very old, is located at Nehrupura in the citys Bharathi Nagar area.
The tragedy took place when a large number of people gathered here to participate in a function at a flat in the second floor, the police said.
According to sources, the flat is belonged to Harron Basha, a fruit merchant where his daughters engagement was going on when tragedy took place.
The injured are undergoing treatment at hospitals.
The deceased were identified as Salma (42), Taslina Bhanu (32), Rehana (16), Mohamed Ismail (25), Sayed Sameer and his son Faizan (2). (ANI)
- Toll in Bangalore building collapse rises to 7 - Dec 12, 2007
- Boy killed in building collapse - Oct 09, 2011
- Army loses two pilots in Nashik chopper crash (Second lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Three including ex-minister's son die in accident - Dec 20, 2011
- One killed in Mumbai balcony collapse - May 02, 2012
- Man guns down sister for honour in Lahore - Nov 22, 2010
- Seven dead, 200 injured in China blast - Nov 01, 2011
- Land scam probe against another Karnataka minister - Nov 22, 2011
- Two army pilots killed as chopper crashes in Nashik locality (Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Building collapse toll is five, 16 critical (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2011
- Noida woman jumps to death after fight with lover - Aug 22, 2012
- Yeddyurappa faces police probe in one more case - Nov 27, 2011
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- Suicide bomber attacks Pakistan police station - Jan 14, 2012
- Fire in Amritsar cracker shop - Oct 23, 2011