Seven die in a road mishap near RaipurApril 30th, 2010 - 10:51 pm ICT by ANI
Raipur, Apr 30 (ANI): Seven people, including a woman were killed and several others suffered injuries when a private bus collided with a matador van near Saddhu village in Raipur District of Chattisgarh on Friday.
The bus, which was run by a private operator, hit the van when it was on its way to Mungeli town.
The mishap took place when both the vehicles had a head-on-collision killing seven occupants in both the vehicles.
Three passengers out of four travelling in the mini-van died on the spot.
The driver of the matador van is reported to be critically injured.
Around 20 other injured persons were rushed to Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Hospital in Raipur for further treatment.
“I haven’t been able to meet my son. But my brother has suffered several injuries and bruises on his leg and his head,” said Vaidahi, a kin of one of the victims.
The hospital administration has alerted all its specialists to attend to the injured persons on priority.
“All doctors have been alerted. Orthopaedics, neurosurgeons and other surgeons have all been alerted. All patients are being managed well here. Proper arrangements are being made for patients,” said Dr. Vivek Choudhary, Chief Medical Officer.
The deceased are yet to be identified. (ANI)
- Seven killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Apr 30, 2010
- Eight killed in Chhattisgarh van-truck collision - May 11, 2011
- Four killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Jan 01, 2010
- Four killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Aug 18, 2010
- Six dead in China road accident - Jun 01, 2012
- Minivan runs over group of pedestrians in Japan, killing 7 - Apr 13, 2012
- Delhi hospitals lacking in emergency protocols - Sep 14, 2011
- 10 injured in fog-related accidents in UAE - Dec 27, 2011
- Eleven lose sight after surgery at government camp - Oct 13, 2011
- Maoists kill CRPF constable in Chhattisgarh - Dec 27, 2010
- Malaysia accident: Dead Indians to be brought home - Mar 06, 2012
- Chattisgarh gunfight genuine, sorry if any innocents died: Chidambaram - Jul 05, 2012
- Apex court decision on Soni Sori's medical check Thursday - Oct 19, 2011
- 7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: bhimrao ambedkar, brother, bruises, chattisgarh, doctors, head on collision, hospital administration, medical officer, memorial hospital, mini van, occupants, priority, private bus, private operator, road mishap, vivek