Serial blasts rock Assam, as fourth bomb blasts in UdalguriApril 6th, 2009 - 10:46 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Apr 6 (ANI): Serial blasts are rocking Assam at different places, as fourth bomb blast has occurred in the State’s Udalguri area, about 70 kilometres north of Guwahati, at 7.30 p.m.
At least three people have been injured with no reports of any casualties in the fourth bomb blast, which has occurred just 14 minutes after third blast was reported in Dhubri district near the Indo-Bangla border.
At least one person died and four others injured in third bomb blast in Assam’s Dhubri district near the Indo-Bangla border at 7:16 evening.
Earlier in the day, two incidents of bomb blasts were reported in different places of the State-Maligaon area in Guwahati city and Dhekiajuli, an industrial city of Sonitpur District.
Seven people had been killed and over 61 others left wounded in the twin bomb blasts during the daytime.
The United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) is suspected of behind the blasts.
The three blasts hold significance as they have come just ahead of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh’s scheduled visit to Assam on Tuesday.
These blasts have also been carried out a day ahead of the ULFA’s 30th ‘Flag Raising Day’.
Meanwhile, Union Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta has spoken to Assam Chief Secretary P. C. Sharma and asked him to strengthen security arrangements in Guwahati and other places.
According to PMO sources, Manmohan Singh’s visit to the State remains unchanged. (ANI)
- Third bomb blast takes death toll to 8 in Assam - Apr 06, 2009
- Six injured in second Assam blast - Apr 06, 2009
- Five blasts rock Assam, eight killed, 60 injured (Third Lead) - Apr 06, 2009
- Blast kills army man in Assam, ULFA claims hand (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Guwahati blast: 50 detained, ULFA claims responsibility - Sep 09, 2012
- Locals detain 75 suspected Bangladeshis in Assam - Mar 17, 2012
- Fresh violence in Kokrajhar, three killed - Aug 07, 2012
- Assam remains largely peaceful on ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Four persons nabbed, bomb recovered on ULFA raising day - Apr 07, 2012
- Three blasts in Assam towns, seven killed (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2009
- Army man killed, six injured in Assam blast (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Assam on maximum alert, toll in blasts rises to 10 - Apr 07, 2009
- Blast targets army convoy in Assam - Jul 31, 2012
- Sonia to go ahead with Assam visit despite bomb blast - May 26, 2012
- 17 people shot dead by Bodo militants in Assam - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: assam, bangla, blasts rock, bomb blast, bomb blasts, chief secretary, different places, dr manmohan singh, gupta, guwahati, home secretary, least three people, madhukar, manmohan, manmohan singh, security arrangements, serial blasts, three blasts, ulfa, united liberation front