Separatists target Srinagar army camp with grenadesJune 28th, 2012 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 28 (IANS) Separatist guerrillas fired two rocket-propelled grenades at an army camp in Srinagar Thursday, but a defence statement said the projectiles fell in a ground without causing any damage. No separatist group has owned responsibility for the attack.
“Unidentified miscreants fired two projectiles at Tatoo Ground at 11.45 a.m. aimed at security forces stationed there. However, the projectiles fell at open ground and there was no injury of any sort to security personnel or civilians,” a defence statement issued here said.
“The nature of projectile is being ascertained jointly by the police and the security forces. Efforts are in progress to investigate the whereabouts of miscreants by police,” it said.
The incident was the first of its kind after many months as it was generally believed here that the capacity of separatist guerrillas to attack army camps and highly fortified installations in Jammu and Kashmir has been largely undermined.
- Militants fire grenades at Kashmir security camp - Feb 17, 2011
- Guerrilla killed, soldier wounded in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- One civilian injured in grenade attack in Kashmir - Jan 27, 2012
- Five guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Jul 07, 2012
- Security beefed up in Srinagar - Aug 13, 2012
- Heavy security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day - Aug 13, 2011
- Grenade attack on CRPF office in Srinagar - Aug 13, 2011
- Taliban militants attack hotel near Kabul - Jun 22, 2012
- Eight injured in Kashmir blast - Nov 21, 2010
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Guerrillas attack Kashmir police officer's house - Dec 06, 2010
- Grenade explosion in Srinagar - Feb 16, 2012
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Clashes along Thai-Cambodian border resume - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: army camp, army camps, civilians, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, miscreants, projectile, projectiles, rocket propelled grenades, security forces, security personnel, separatist group, separatist guerrillas, target