Separatists protest against human rights violations in KashmirNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:15 am ICT by admin
The protestors carrying banners, held a sit-in demonstration in Srinagar.
“In Jammu and Kashmir lawlessness prevails and custodial killings and arrests are a common occurrence. Innocent Kashmiri businessmen and students are being arrested and harassed,” said Mir.
Mir said that through this demonstration they want to draw the attention of international human rights agencies like the United Nations Commission on Human Rights (UNCHR) towards the issue.
“The dialogue process has been underway for the past five years and we want to convey to the Indian government and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, that when a peace process is going on, activities like killing of innocents should not take place,” said Mir. (ANI)
- Separatists protest over human rights violation in J-K - Dec 10, 2010
- Hurriyat leaders under house arrest in Srinagar - Dec 10, 2009
- Protest over Yaseen Malik's arrest turns violent in Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 29, 2011
- JKLF protests Kashmir 'killings, arrests', Malik detained - Mar 11, 2011
- JKLF protests against alleged rights violations in Kashmir - Jun 18, 2010
- Kashmir separatists, common man welcome Amnesty report - Mar 21, 2011
- JKLF members clash with police in Srinagar - Feb 10, 2012
- Yasin Malik, legislator arrested in Srinagar during protests - Dec 10, 2011
- Separatists flay Fai arrest, locals don't care - Jul 21, 2011
- Kashmiri Sikhs protest against Rajoana's hanging - Mar 28, 2012
- Separatists call for shutdown over death penalty to militants - Apr 22, 2010
- Protest staged in Jammu Kashmir after youth drowns in river - Apr 17, 2010
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik arrested at protest march - Sep 07, 2012
- EU delegation meets Kashmiri separatist leaders - Apr 19, 2010
- Maulana opposed to stone throwing killed in Srinagar (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: breakaway group, custodial killings, demonstration, human rights violations, indian government, innocents, international human rights, jammu and kashmir, javed, kashmir liberation, kashmiri, liberation front, prime minister manmohan singh, protestors, separatists, srinagar, unchr, united nations commission, united nations commission on human rights