Separatists for J-K census operationFebruary 8th, 2011 - 9:23 pm ICT by ANI
By Tahir Nadeem Khan
Jammu, Feb.8 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir’s Chief Principal Census Officer Farooq Ahmed has said that even separatists are supporting the ongoing census operation, and have asked the people to provide full details to census officials.
Ahmed unveiled the census enumerator list on the eve of second phase of census operation that starts from Wednesday.
The last Census was conducted in 1991 in the whole country except in Jammu and Kashmir.
This time, the first phase of the 2010-11 census, held from July 15 to September 30, 2010, passed without incident.
“No, we have no reports of any obstruction from any Quarters, and in fact, if you remember during the first phase, before starting the first phase, all separatists as well as our main stream politicians, they supported us. They said that we must co-operate with the census department, we must provide full details. At the moment, we do not have any problems of that sort,” said Ahmed.
The second and final phase of census operation will be conducted from February 9 to 28.
“We have already completed population enumeration. We did it in July itself and completed it by September 30. both the phases. In the snow bound areas, we have covered both phases,” added Ahmed. (ANI)
- India begins 1.2 billion population headcount (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- India begins headcount of its 1.2 billion population (Intro Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- Chidambaram unveils mascot of Census enumerator - Feb 02, 2011
- Census enumeration to start Feb 9 - Feb 07, 2011
- Caste will be included in Indian census - Sep 09, 2010
- Census-2011 to cover illegal immigrants too - Feb 02, 2011
- Last phase of census starts in Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Census 2011: Kashmir's population touches 1.25 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- Census head count begins in northeast India - Feb 09, 2011
- Houselisting Census to commence from April:Makan - Feb 23, 2010
- Second phase of Census 2011 launched in Maharashtra - Feb 10, 2011
- Kashmir Interlocutors to present document on political settlement in two weeks - Feb 23, 2011
- Government extends time for census in Maoist-hit Bastar - Jun 13, 2010
- Enumerators to get security cover in Maoist-hit areas in Bengal - Feb 03, 2011
- Second phase of census to begin in February - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: ahmed, census department, census enumerator, census officer, census officials, eve, farooq, final phase, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, main stream, nadeem khan, politicians, population, quarters, second phase, separatists, tahir