Senior students should act responsibly: Pratibha PatilApril 14th, 2009 - 7:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 14 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil on Tuesday expressed serious concern over the rising cases of ragging in educational institutions.
In a statement issued here, Patil urged senior students to act responsibly towards their juniors. She stated that senior students should make their juniors feel comfortable in the educational environment.
Concerned over the recent ragging incidents, which have led to grave apprehensions in the minds of students regarding their safety in college premises, Patil asked the state governments to enforce appropriate legislation to deal with ragging in colleges and universities.
She told the authorities to be observant and strict against those involved in ragging.
Patil said that the universities and colleges are centres of learning and for developing friendship and mutual understanding and not for unethical ragging activities.
“Their (educational institutions) sanctity cannot be vitiated year after year at the start of an academic season by those who indulge in mindless ragging,” she said. (ANI)
- President expresses concern over increasing ragging in colleges - Apr 14, 2009
- Medical student suspended for ragging - Jan 03, 2012
- Rajasthan colleges told to set up anti-ragging panels - Sep 11, 2012
- Day one at DU: New students get a feel of campus - Jul 23, 2012
- Five students booked for ragging in Rajasthan - Sep 30, 2011
- President for zero tolerance against ragging - May 19, 2011
- Smooth ride for freshers at DU - Jul 21, 2011
- Three engineering students expelled for ragging in Bihar - Dec 28, 2011
- Women police, CCTV to prevent ragging on campus - Jul 19, 2010
- Anti-ragging helpline for Uttar Pradesh colleges soon - Jun 16, 2012
- Patil calls for interaction between academic institutions of developing world - Apr 28, 2011
- Chandigarh administration gears up to curb ragging - Jul 17, 2009
- Varsities will be sensitised to ragging laws: President Patil - May 03, 2009
- President Patil pitches on the need to produce world-class human resource - Dec 10, 2010
- Anti-ragging bill passed in Himachal assembly - Aug 17, 2009
Tags: apprehensions, authorities, colleges and universities, educational environment, educational institutions, friendship, juniors, legislation, mutual understanding, New Delhi, premises, sanctity, state governments, universities and colleges