Self-styled HuJI commander arrested in JammuDecember 22nd, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Dec 22 (ANI): A Harkat-ul Jehad-e-Islami (HuJI) militant, who is a suspect in Faizabad and Varanasi blasts in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested here last evening.
According to officials, Fazial Sohail Ahmed was arrested by police after they received information by the Intelligence Bureau (IB).
A pistol and two grenades were recovered from him.
The HuJI operative was arrested soon after he survived an encounter at Kapran in Kokernag area, police said.
Police also arrested three suspected militants of LeT during a raid in a hotel in the city. (ANI)
- 11 terror suspects held, catastrophe averted (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Five held in Kishtwar for Delhi blast email - Sep 09, 2011
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blast - Sep 28, 2011
- Delhi blast: Two detained in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi blast: No breakthrough - Sep 09, 2011
- UN, US designate HuJI as terrorist organisation - Aug 07, 2010
- Hyderabad student's family says he is innocent - Sep 01, 2012
- India to raise terror threat in talks with Bangladesh - Nov 18, 2011
- 11 terror suspects held, 'catastrophe' averted: Karnataka Police (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Khaleda Zia's son, 29 others indicted in 2004 bombing - Mar 18, 2012
- No terror tip-off to Mumbai Police: Goa police - Oct 07, 2010
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- India needs comprehensive plan to fight terror: Pakistani daily - Sep 09, 2011
- One more terror suspect held in Bangalore, total now 13 - Sep 02, 2012