Sehwag rockets into top 10 as Tendulkar returns to top 20March 16th, 2009 - 4:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar. 16 (ANI): India master blaster Virender Sehwag has reached on the sixth position of the Reliance Mobile ICC ODI Player Rankings, while champion batsman Sachin Tendulkar has reached on the thirteenth position.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has retained his first position, but Kulasekara has replaces Vettori on top of bowling listing.
Yuvraj has risen to career-best third position in all-rounders table
India master blaster Virender Sehwag and champion batsman Sachin Tendulkar are the biggest movers after splendid performances in the recent series against New Zealand.
Sehwag, who scored 299 runs against the Black Caps, has jumped nine places to sixth position. It is the first time in nearly six years that the New Delhi-born batsman has occupied a place in the top 10.
During this period Sehwag, whose series aggregate included a whirlwind 125 not out from just 74 balls in the fourth ODI at Hamilton, dropped as low as 30th place, a mark he stood at in June 2008.
Tendulkar has also made a movement in the right direction as his series scores of 20, 61 and 163 not out have helped him vault eight places to 13th spot. Tendulkar held the top spot in the listing as recently as March 2008.
However, Yuvraj Singh and Gautam Gambhir have both headed in the wrong direction in the rankings, dropping one and four places respectively. Singh now sits in fourth place while Gambhir shares 16th spot with South Africas Herschelle Gibbs.
In the Reliance Mobile ICC Player Rankings for ODI bowlers, New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has fallen off top spot and now sits in fifth place. For the first time in his career Sri Lanka, fast bowler Nuwan Kulasekara has surged to the top of bowlers rankings.
Australia fast bowler Nathan Bracken is in second place while Kyle Mills of New Zealand is third.
In the Reliance Mobile ICC ODI Championship, India has gained two ratings points for its 3-1 series win. It has lifted it to 122 rating points and puts it just two ratings points behind second-placed Australia and three behind leader South Africa.
In contrast, New Zealand has conceded two ratings points for the series loss and is now only one rating point ahead of Pakistan, which goes head-to-head with Australia in Dubai and Abu Dhabi next month.
Reliance Mobile ICC ODI Championship (as of 16 March)
Rank Team Rating
1 South Africa 125
2 Australia 124
3 India 122
4 New Zealand 112
5 Pakistan 111
6 England 108
7 Sri Lanka 105 8 West Indies 91
9 Bangladesh 46
10 Zimbabwe 23
11 Ireland 19
12 Kenya 0 (ANI)
- India move up to second place in ODI rankings - Oct 25, 2010
- Dilshan, Tendulkar and Gambhir all rise in ICC rankings - Apr 04, 2011
- Kohli moves to seventh in ICC ODI rankings - Jun 19, 2011
- ICC rankings: Tendulkar jumps to third position after historic innings - Feb 25, 2010
- Tendulkar climbs to third spot in ICC rankings - Oct 06, 2010
- India have good chance of going past England in ODI rankings - Oct 12, 2011
- Reliance-ICC ODI rankings: Swann in third spot, Morgan is highest-ranked England ODI batsman - Sep 23, 2010
- Broad breaks into world's top five ODI bowlers - Jul 13, 2010
- India stay at top of Test rankings, but lose points - Jul 11, 2011
- Dravid rises in ICC rankings, Tendulkar drops to 4th - Jul 26, 2011
- Younus Khan jumps 11 places in ICC rankings (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Sangakkara replaces Tendulkar as number one Test batsman - Nov 29, 2010
- Chanderpaul back as No.1 Test batsman - Apr 29, 2012
- Ashwin, Kohli achieve career-best rankings - Sep 04, 2012
- Kohli starts series as highest-ranked batsman - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: black caps, captain daniel, daniel vettori, dhoni, first position, gautam, herschelle gibbs, indian skipper, kyle mills, master blaster, nathan bracken, odi championship, player rankings, reliance mobile, series scores, sixth position, south africas, third position, yuvraj, zealand captain