Security stepped up in Karnataka following terror alertDecember 27th, 2010 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Dec 27 (ANI): Security has been beefed up in Karnataka, particularly in the coastal areas, following a high alert that some suspected terror outfits might target places of worship and crowded spots.
“A high alert has been sounded in the state, especially in coastal districts, following an alert from the Centre,” Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa told reporters after chairing a meeting of top Home Department officials.
Yeddyurappa said there were no reports about terrorists infiltrating the state.
“A 550-member strong para-military force provided by the Centre has been stationed here for deployment during exigency. Security and vigil has been scaled up in coastal areas,” he said.
Security has also been tightened at the all reservoirs and malls in the state following the alert.
According to reports, State Home Minister R Ashok, Chief Secretary S V Ranganath, City Police Commissioner Shankar Bidari, Principal Home Secretary K M Shivakumar and others attended today’s meeting that was held to discuss the security situation. (ANI)
- Karnataka put on high alert over year-end terror threat - Dec 27, 2010
- Yeddyurappa wants IPL semis in Bangalore, assures security - Apr 18, 2010
- Security beefed up in India, following intelligence inputs about possible terror strikes - Mar 10, 2011
- Lashkar module may strike during ICC World Cup, warns Home Ministry - Mar 10, 2011
- Nationwide terror alert sounded - Dec 27, 2010
- Security alert in Kolkata following Delhi blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Armed policemen maintain tight vigil in Hyderabad - Apr 30, 2010
- Court quashes Karnataka police chief's appointment - Mar 31, 2012
- Andhra on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- Goa tightens security after nationwide terror alert - Aug 21, 2010
- Karnataka draws action plan for drought-hit (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- BJP moves to pre-empt Bhardwaj on Yeddyurappa's prosecution (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Baba's death: Bangalore airport security stepped up - Apr 24, 2011
- Apex court stays order in Karnataka cop's case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Terrorists threaten to attack trains in Bihar - Jan 04, 2010
Tags: ashok, chairing a meeting, chief secretary, city police, coastal areas, coastal districts, department officials, home minister, home secretary, karnataka chief minister, malls, military force, places of worship, police commissioner, ranganath, reservoirs, security situation, shivakumar, terror alert, vigil