Security stepped up in Goa ahead of New YearDecember 31st, 2008 - 1:36 pm ICT by ANI
Baga Beach, Goa, Dec 31 (ANI): In the wake of recent terror attacks in Mumbai, authorities Goa have beefed up security measures in the region.
“We have made all possible security arrangements. In this regard, we have assistance from Government of India also in the form of paramilitary forces. So, I can say that Goa is safe and there are sufficient security arrangements on the ground,” said Kishan Kumar, Inspector General of Police, Goa.
The state has undertaken several security measures like screening of tourists and combing of hotels.
“We have issued general advisory to hoteliers and other establishments like restaurants, cruise owners, boat owners and general public. The precaution that they should take while moving around, they should be secure,” added Kishan Kumar.
Although tourists have resumed coming here after staying away for about four weeks, following the Mumbai terror attacks, the local administration has banned Christmas and New Year parties on its beaches as a precaution in the interest of public safety and security.
Thousands of tourists travel to Goa every month to lounge on the golden sands of its numerous beaches and also revel in nightlong parties. (ANI)
- Central forces to guard Goa during tourist season - Dec 06, 2011
- Night vision cameras to monitor Goa beaches - Jul 25, 2011
- Goa tourism policy may lose its 'fun' - May 20, 2012
- Wiser from 26/11, Indian tourism bouncing back - Nov 25, 2010
- Goa beaches head for makeover with shack policy - Jun 08, 2012
- Poll strictures could hurt Goa's tourism season - Jan 24, 2012
- Israelis check if Goa is safe for Israelis - Nov 07, 2009
- Goa to spend Rs.36 crore to battle sea erosion - Jul 25, 2012
- Panel unhappy with Goa's coastal security measures - Jul 29, 2010
- Baywatch in Goa? Little hope for now - Apr 25, 2012
- Hilly Sikkim, sandy Goa to sell tourism together - Jul 14, 2010
- Goa needs special status to retain its identity: Wendell Rodricks - Nov 02, 2011
- Proceedings against suspended cop dropped - Mar 31, 2011
- 'Deport foreigners tending Goa bars sans work visas' - Jul 25, 2012
- Goa's tourist security force stuck in a rut - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: beaches, boat owners, establishments, goa, golden sands, government of india, hoteliers, inspector general, kishan kumar, local administration, new year, new year parties, paramilitary forces, precaution, public safety, safety and security, security arrangements, security measures, terror attacks, tourists