Security personnel practice ‘water meditation’ to promote peace in GuwahatiSeptember 7th, 2010 - 1:48 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Sep 7 (ANI): Amidst fear of militancy and terrorism, two policemen in Guwahati have discovered a unique way to find peace through meditation by floating on water.
Munin Sharma (41) and Hitesh Sharma (43) of the Assam Police have been practicing this unique form of yoga to restore peace to the troubled state.
“I started practicing this type of yoga from 1995. But we used to practice ‘Pranayama’ (Breathing exercises) on our own from many years. My father used practice this and I heard it from him that the ‘Yogis’ (practitioner of yoga) used meditate on and under the surface of water and they could even float in air,” said Munin Sharma.
This form of yoga involves certain rituals and worshipping before getting inside a pond. The duo ties their feet before starting the ceremony in water.
“We have two motives behind practicing this yoga. First is to get our names registered in Guinness Book, and the second is to successfully achieve our religious motive,” he added.
Hitesh said they devote as much time as they can spare to meditate in water.
According to eye witnesses, the duo can sleep on water for hours and the longest that they have done it is ten hours.
They have promoted this form of meditation in many states, including Orissa and West Bengal. (ANI)
- Sahaja Yoga confers good health, busts stress: Australian study - Jun 12, 2012
- Indian yoga enthusiasts harassed by Dubai park security - Mar 24, 2011
- Yoga has "avatars" in America - Jan 10, 2011
- 'Sahaja Yoga fosters better health' - May 14, 2012
- Try flute yoga to beat stress - Jul 21, 2012
- Where Westerners teach yoga and meditation - to Indians - Sep 18, 2011
- World entertainment celebrities flocking to yoga - Nov 29, 2009
- Yoga is HOT in Finland! - Aug 22, 2009
- Brahma Kumaris organise peace march in Mumbai - Dec 11, 2011
- Denise Richards eases ex Sheen woes with yoga by the sea - Apr 14, 2011
- Rajasthan villagers toil to harvest rainwater (Letter from Rajasthan) - Jul 03, 2012
- Festival in Berlin to mark Art of Living's 30 years - Jun 30, 2011
- Will train nationalists, not Maoists: Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Brahma Kumaris to celebrate platinum jubilee - Dec 06, 2011
- Many Christian churches in USA offer yoga - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: assam police, eye witnesses, fear, guinness book, hitesh, militancy, motive, motives, orissa, peace, personnel practice, policemen, practice water, rituals, security personnel, sleep, terrorism, water meditation, west bengal, yoga