Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Jammu and KashmirJune 9th, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by ANI
Poonch (Jammu and Kashmir), June 9 (ANI): Security forces on Tuesday busted a militant hideout in Poonch and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Acting on a tip off, the security forces launched a search operation and busted the hideout. The arms were just brought into the country from across the border, police said.
“It is a war like recovery for the security forces. We consider it as a big success as it was busted on time,” said Javed Iqbal Mir, senior superintendent of police (operations), Poonch.
Ninety-six rolls of sniper ammunitions, seventy rounds of ammunitions and five magazines of AK 47, three radio sets with antenna are some of the ammunitions seized during the operation.
Earlier, security forces had made similar recoveries in the region on May 31 and June 02, but had failed to nab any militants. (ANI)
- Militant hideouts busted in Poonch - Feb 06, 2010
- Arms, ammunition seized from Poonch militant hideout - Aug 28, 2010
- Security forces recover a huge cache of explosives in J-K - Aug 10, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Poonch - Jun 04, 2010
- Arms cache unearthed in J&K; - Aug 04, 2012
- Smuggling of drugs and arms on the rise at Indo-Pak border - Aug 19, 2009
- Militant hideout busted in Poonch - Feb 28, 2010
- Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 09, 2009
- Militant outfit busted in Kupwara - May 17, 2010
- Huge cache of arms and ammunition recovered near LOC - Aug 17, 2009
- Huge cache of ammunition recovered in Poonch - Jun 03, 2009
- Explosives recovered in Poonch - Jul 01, 2009
- Two militants nabbed with Pakistan SIM cards in Poonch - Jun 08, 2009
- Arms and ammunitions recovered in Poonch - May 01, 2010
- Chinese made ammunition recovered in Poonch - Jun 04, 2009
Tags: ak 47, ammunition, ammunitions, antenna, border police, hideout, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, magazines, ninety six, police operations, poonch, radio sets, search operation, security forces, sniper, superintendent