Security forces must be prepared for bigger challenges : JaiswalDecember 1st, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec.1 (ANI): Sriprakash Jaiswal, Minister of State for Home Affairs, has asked security forces to be prepared for bigger challenges in the future.
Addresssing BSF personnels in New Delhi, Jaiswal described the present condition in the country as challenging for security forces.
He was speaking on the occasion of 43rd Raising Day celebrations of the Border Security Force (BSF) in New Delhi on Monday.
Referring to the sixty- hour- long Mumbai terror seige, Jaiswal assured the troops that his government would do the needful to address all concerns of the security forces.
Jaiswal also said there is need to strengthen the intelligence network at the state and district levels in order to thwart terror attacks.
He however, ruled out taking help of foreign investigating agencies like Scotland Yard and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), for carrying out a probe into the Mumbai terror strikes.
Meanwhile, the Government on Monday reiterated that the terrorists responsible for the Mumbai terror attacks had connections with Pakistan.
The government said that it has sufficient evidence to corroborate that the terrorists who struck Mumbai, were from Pakistan, irrespective of the claims made by Islamabad. Director General (DG) Border Security Force, M L Kumawat said.
Kumawat was talking to reporters on the occasion of BSF Raising Day celebrations.
BSF is all prepared to meet any challenge,Kumawat said referring to the build-up of Pakistani forces along the Indo-Pak border.(ANI)
- BSF celebrates 46th Raising Day - Dec 01, 2011
- BSF to raise strength by 35,000 - Jul 18, 2009
- India, Pakistan border guards exchange Diwali sweets - Oct 26, 2011
- Border Security Force celebrates Raising Day in New Delhi - Dec 01, 2010
- Indian, Pakistan border guards exchange greetings - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF, Pakistani Rangers agree on minimum detention of fishermen - Oct 30, 2010
- Government will work to prevent terror attacks: Minister - Jul 14, 2011
- BSF acted in self-defence, India tells Bangladesh - Dec 20, 2011
- BSF chief to inspect tunnel from Pakistan - Aug 01, 2012
- Dismantle militant camps, BSF to urge Bangladesh counterparts - Dec 08, 2011
- BSF, Bangladesh border guards to discuss trans-border issues - Mar 16, 2012
- BSF to raise 29 battalions to check terrorists' influx - Jan 20, 2009
- Terrorists can still strike the through sea: PM - Sep 08, 2012
- Crack marine commandos guard Obama, wife at naval helibase (With images) - Nov 07, 2010
- India ready to face any challenge at the border: BSF chief - Jan 01, 2009
Tags: border security force, bsf, celebrations, dg, director general, fbi, federal bureau of investigation, home affairs, indo, intelligence network, investigation fbi, minister of state, mumbai terror attack, needful, New Delhi, personnels, scotland yard, security forces, seige, terror attacks, terrorists