Security forces gun down two ‘Hizbul Mujahideen’ militantsFebruary 13th, 2010 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
Kandi (Jammu and Kashmir), Feb 13 (ANI): Security forces gunned down two militants belonging to the Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit after a prolonged encounter in Kandi region of Rajouri district here.
The dead militants have been identified as Janesar and Saddam, both residents of Rajouri district.
Police recovered an A.K. 47 Rifle, a carbine, a wireless set and other ammunition from their possession.
General Officer Commanding of Rashtriya Rifles, KAS Bhullar said, “Based on information a joint party of Jammu and Kashmir Police and 48 Rashtriya Rifles launched an operation in the forest.”
“In the encounter two militants were killed,” added Bhullar. (ANI)
- J-K encounter: Top Hizbul militant killed, two escape in Rajouri - Feb 15, 2010
- Hizbul Mujaheedin militant surrenders in Rajouri - Sep 30, 2010
- Two separatist guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Oct 12, 2011
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant killed in Kashmir - May 26, 2012
- Militant leads to big arms haul in Kashmir - Dec 01, 2010
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Apr 03, 2011
- Hizbul militant killed in J-K encounter - Feb 20, 2010
- Militant surrenders in Jammu and Kashmir - Sep 29, 2010
- Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants shot dead in Mahore - Oct 07, 2010
- Slain Hizbul commander behind 30 civilians' killings: Army - Oct 14, 2011
- Militant, cop killed in south Kashmir gunfight - Mar 19, 2011
- Arms, ammunition seized from Poonch militant hideout - Aug 28, 2010
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir - Jul 10, 2012
- Guerrilla commander killed in north Kashmir - Mar 12, 2011
- Three militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 14, 2010