Security concerns warrant better combating equipment: IAF chiefFebruary 13th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Feb 13 (ANI): Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major, has said that the current security scenario calls for the increased use of unmanned aerial vehicles with better combat facilities.
Air Marshal Major said the Air Force is in the process of upgrading its combating edge.
“In today’’s security environment, which obtains in many conflict zones and in disturbed areas the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV’’s) will only increase. As the days go by the payloads on these UAV’’s are improving, you are getting better and better results from what that UAV does up there in the sky. Of course, we are in the process of expanding our UAV’’s fleets in the Indian Air Force (IAF),” Air Marshal Major told reporters here on Thursday.
Air Marshal Major said IAF has the capability to fight in all spectrums of warfare, from the lowest to the highest.
“Balanced Air Force always have the capability to fight in all spectrums of warfare, from the lowest to the highest. If I don”t do my force structuring or force building based on that, I don”t have to keep waiting for situations like 26/11 to happen. I cannot afford to do that, and therefore, my force structuring, my weapon profiles, will cater to the entire spectrum of conflict notwithstanding 26/11,” Air Chief Marshal Major said.
Earlier, Defence Minister A K Antony had said that India is prepared to face any eventuality from any quarter. (ANI)
- IAF plans to induct more drones in fleet - Feb 04, 2012
- No airspace violation in eastern India: IAF - Jul 27, 2011
- Indian Army to hold summer exercise in Rajasthan desert - Feb 26, 2012
- Indian Air Force to showcase 'Vayu Shakti-2010' at Pokhran today - Feb 28, 2010
- 70 aircraft to feature at air force's firepower demonstration Sunday - Feb 22, 2010
- India to up defences in Andamans, Lakshadweep - Jun 27, 2011
- Indian Army, air force practice enemy annihilation - May 12, 2011
- Russia to test first combat drone in 2014 - Apr 20, 2012
- Mirage jets to get new missiles in $1.23 bn deal - Jan 04, 2012
- Agni-IV, C-130J, IAF woman officer among firsts at R-Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan can't develop drone technology on its own - Sep 15, 2011
- Foliage penetration radar to track Maoists: Antony - Aug 11, 2010
- Antony dedicates Air Force Network to the nation - Sep 14, 2010
- No aggressive Chinese posture towards India's skies: IAF - Dec 15, 2009
- Indian Air Force conducting trials for attack helicopters - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: air chief marshal, air marshal, air staff, antony, capability, conflict zones, defence minister, entire spectrum, eventuality, fali homi major, fleets, homi, iaf, indian air force, payloads, security concerns, security environment, sky, spectrums, unmanned aerial vehicles